• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

My actual expectation for today is:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. tOSU
4. ND

Looking forward to ND being exposed again in a couple of weeks.

After the way they played yesterday it would probably be better for ND to miss the playoff than square up against Alabama.

Joey Galloway is so full of shit. Why is anyone in love with Cincinnati for beating Tulsa at home ?

Every team in the Top 10 would beat Cincinnati pretty easily.

I’m very ready for some turnover at the top of the sport. It’s hard to see how Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma won’t keep dominating their conferences forever. But I remember think that about Miami in ‘02 and about USC in ‘05. Everything is cyclical and a new cycle be would be so refreshing.

Florida has no argument for being in after their loss to LSU.

That was a terrible loss and one of the strangest games I’ve seen in recent memory.

The fog was so thick by the end the announcers couldn’t see the field.

That shoe toss was the dumbest thing I’ve seen on a football field.

I’m very ready for some turnover at the top of the sport. It’s hard to see how Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma won’t keep dominating their conferences forever. But I remember think that about Miami in ‘02 and about USC in ‘05. Everything is cyclical and a new cycle be would be so refreshing.
The 4-team playoff largely killed any parity that was remaining in the sport. 5-star recruits see Bama, Clemson, OSU as guaranteed to get in the playoff year in and year out with the 4th team seemingly rotating between OU, UGA, and ND. Doesn't help that FSU fell off a cliff and the ACC has turned into a joke for Clemson, and Texas/Baylor have fallen off and the B12 has become quite easy for OU. B10 has just sucked forever.

The whole thing is really stale these days.

Cincy - three top 25 wins. More than anyone ranked above them.

We should go back to that BCS era when UC would win their conference and then get paired in a major bowl against a top power 5 team and just get annihilated like clockwork.

If they could figure out a way to expand the playoffs, I think it would be beneficial overall for the sport. More teams could claim a shot at the title, more fans would be engaged, more teams could actually have a shot in recruiting for the best talent outside of Bama, OSU, Clemson + wild card of the year (ND, Oklahoma, etc.), and you could have whatever non-power 5 team that runs the table in their crappy conference get into the tourney and get waxed but at least they had their shot.

We should go back to that BCS era when UC would win their conference and then get paired in a major bowl against a top power 5 team and just get annihilated like clockwork.

If they could figure out a way to expand the playoffs, I think it would be beneficial overall for the sport. More teams could claim a shot at the title, more fans would be engaged, more teams could actually have a shot in recruiting for the best talent outside of Bama, OSU, Clemson + wild card of the year (ND, Oklahoma, etc.), and you could have whatever non-power 5 team that runs the table in their crappy conference get into the tourney and get waxed but at least they had their shot.

Boise State and pre Pac 12 Utah say hello.

In a normal year, I'd say it wouldn't be that hard to do it. Make it 6 or 8 teams (if six, then top two get a bye) and play games the Saturday before Christmas. This way it doesn't really interfere with NFL (just move the games to Sunday when they should be played), it gives the kids a few days to go home for Christmas, and then play the semi-finals on New Years Day, with the final being the second Monday following New Year's Day.

The games would be competing for eyeballs against the really shitty bowl games that no one watches (who really gets amped up about the Bahama Bowl or the Frisco Bowl?) so I'd consider it a win for the average sports fan.

I just think an 8-team playoff that guarantees a slot for a PAC 12 team and a non-P5 team is total BS. Why does it make sense to have a 4-team playoff with the best 4 teams and then have an 8-team playoff with theams who won some shitty conference ?

And if Clemson somehow went 11-2 as the champion against this version of the ACC, how in the world would you say they're a great team ?

Last edited:
Back