• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bzzzz effect....

This year there's been a lot of the following:

What are you doing?

Checking in on the wake game on their message boards?

Do you want us to try and find the game?

Nah, I'm good. We suck.

"Jeff [Redacted] Court @ Lawrence Joel Coliseum."

I mean, he's all about building foundations, so I would not be opposed to "Jeff [Redacted] Boiler Room and Storage Area @ LJVM". Or maybe "Jeff [Redacted] Subflooring @ LJVM, presented by Carolina Wood Floors!"

I mean, he's all about building foundations, so I would not be opposed to "Jeff [Redacted] Boiler Room and Storage Area @ LJVM". Or maybe "Jeff [Redacted] Subflooring @ LJVM, presented by Carolina Wood Floors!"

Well now you're just being silly.

Obviously the toilets at LJVM would be named after Bz.

We are so fucked now. If the Carolina win wasnt enough this one does it no matter what the road record is and no matter how awful those teams are

I was pretty sure Bzz would be retained after the Heels win, now I am convinced

And if you think we stink now.... just wait till next year

Dont be so pessimistic. A few good wins is a very good thing. It will allow RW to declare the Bz hire a success when he accepts with regret Bz's resignation at the end of the season, thanks him for turning the program around and for building a solid foundation for future success.

RW saw the writing on the wall with Grobe and he will pull the trigger and end this Bzzaster immediately after the ACC Tourney loss.

Dont be so pessimistic. A few good wins is a very good thing. It will allow RW to declare the Bz hire a success when he accepts with regret Bz's resignation at the end of the season, thanks him for turning the program around and for building a solid foundation for future success.

How confident are you that events will transpire like you suggest?

Baby, you seem pretty confident. Do you think Wellman realizes Buzz will never win back the fanbase (and their wallets)? Or that Wellman likes having a hot young coach on his arm in Clawson and wants to do it again in hoops?

Duh, if anything is ever named after Buzz it will be at an away venue.

You have a high opinion of NC State it seems.

We're going to win all but 2 of our home games. This really shouldn't be a surprise.

I could see us dropping 3 or 4. We have played with fire twice with mediocre teams. Richmond and State. That has a way of biting you in the butt.

Clemson, FSU and Notre Dame are all games that could trip us up.

He turned the program around 270 degrees, 180 degrees from success and in year four is showing life but still not to what we had. The coach that was supposed to be an improvement. Even after Bzz in gone, we should never let Wellman live it down.

Baby, you seem pretty confident. Do you think Wellman realizes Buzz will never win back the fanbase (and their wallets)? Or that Wellman likes having a hot young coach on his arm in Clawson and wants to do it again in hoops?

Primarily the former ... and the pressure comes from their wallets remaining in their pockets.

Primarily the former ... and the pressure comes from their wallets remaining in their pockets.

I'm hearing the same thing. The pressure has been there for several years with decreased athletic donations. However Ron was initially given a longer leash with [Redacted] likely due to increased money from the new ACC TV deal. However, the response to Wake Will isn't what they wanted it to be so far. This is likely multifactorial, but [Redacted] believed to be the primary factor. Hatch, the trustees and "academics" were tolerant enough of [Redacted] going wrecking ball on the basketball program and AD, but when it started to affect the general fund and their biggest project in a very long time, they dropped the hammer and told Wellman the game was over.

My advice is that if you intend/want to donate to Wake Will, don't do so right now. Write a letter to Hatch et all telling them why ([Redacted]) you are not donating. Just set aside the money for the donation and do it in mid March once he is gone. Any positive reinforcement they get now is a good thing to keep the pressure on.

i was bowling during the first half and getting busy with my girlfriend during the second half. both of which i would have passed up on to watch wake basketball in the not too distant past. i did catch the last 5 minutes and my mood went from a 10 to a 2 after just a few moments of watching buzzball. my celebration after the codi shot was pathetic compared to my reaction when chris beat state back in the day. i dont even feel like a fan anymore. fuck you, ron wellman.

Back