• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Charlotte Hornets are Coming Home.

Here's the flattened logo from the website.

012513_landing_main_logo.png

NBA.com is airing the press conference live.

http://www.nba.com/live1/

My friend from NO sent me the above image - still doesn't quite look true red to me.

Not crazy about the colors, not gonna lie. Circular logo is awful. I feel like they should've gone full throttle into the pelican stuff. If anywhere can pull off something funky, it'd be NOLA.

Figured they'd for sure do the Mardi Gras purple, green, gold color scheme.

The Bobcats just put out the following statement on their Facebook, Twitter and web page.

“We are aware of the impending change regarding the team nickname in New Orleans. We are currently in contact with the NBA and conducting our own due diligence relative to this matter. We will not have any further comment until we have completed this process.”

Lots of New Orleans folks are retweeting it saying they don't care about his opinion. Um... if you don't care then why are you retweeting it?

I just keep thinking about how awesome the original teal and purple scheme is. So pumped we're gonna get it back.

Pretty humorous video. Bomani Jones explains why the Hornets should return.

I was not aware that Pelicans were the fiercely focused raptors depicted in this logo. When I hear "pelican" I think friendly and goofy looking, not fierce predator. Kudos to the designer on making this:
855.jpg

look like this

new-orleans-pelicans-alternate-logos.jpg

The key is the slinty eyes. You can make any logo look scary with slinty eyes

I was not aware that Pelicans were the fiercely focused raptors depicted in this logo. When I hear "pelican" I think friendly and goofy looking, not fierce predator.

Pelicans are mean as shit and fierce predators. Anyone making them seem loveable is the bigger accomplishment.

Back