• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Daily Show Gives a Voice to the Voiceless

Example A of why fewer Americans, especially young ones, identify with Christianity.

I would not. I would still love them, but I would not accept their lifestyle choice as an acceptable form of behavior. No more or no less than I would any other sin.

If gay people are born gay and are born in God's image, then I guess God is to blame.

If gay people are born gay and are born in God's image, then I guess God is to blame.

Even accepting the premise that gay people are born gay, God is to blame for that no more so than for any other trait that predisposes someone to sin. I love alcohol, but God's not to blame when I get into an accident driving drunk. I am.

The way I understand all these ancient bible tales and writings which were written by man and attributed to God, the sexual part is the sin, the loving part is never mentioned as a sin is it?

So through the years a bunch of men told these stories and passed these stories down as an oral history, then some monks wrote them down, then it was transcribed and translated over and over and over and kings and heads of the church nudged it and added nuance and eventually modern man takes these tales and parables and uses them to condemn their own children.

Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?!?!?!?!?!?

The way I understand all these ancient bible tales and writings which were written by man and attributed to God, the sexual part is the sin, the loving part is never mentioned as a sin is it?

So through the years a bunch of men told these stories and passed these stories down as an oral history, then some monks wrote them down, then it was transcribed and translated over and over and over and kings and heads of the church nudged it and added nuance and eventually modern man takes these tales and parables and uses them to condemn their own children.

Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?!?!?!?!?!?

Actually, no. When Paul mentions "homosexual offenders" in 1 Corinthians, that is Paul writing to the church in Corinth, not God. Nor is it attributed to God.

Is this what you are referring to?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, 10thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers--none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

Actually, no. When Paul mentions "homosexual offenders" in 1 Corinthians, that is Paul writing to the church in Corinth, not God. Nor is it attributed to God.

So it's like a letter to the editor?

Junebug, have you ever been greedy? Or been drunk? Or had premarital sex?

It shouldn't surprise you to learn that many Christians aren't that concerned with whether the teachings of the Church are popular.

Well, they certainly spend a lot of money proselytizing. Seems to me they want as many converted souls as they can get. They ignore greed and condemn homosexuality, but they are both mentioned in that passage above. Fascinating stuff.

Could it be that wealthy converts are much more appealing to the church than gay ones? Can't build that new wing sucking cock now can you?

Last edited:
Is this what you are referring to?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, 10thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers--none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

Yes. Depending on the translation you're reading, it could read sodomites, homosexuals, homosexual offenders, etc.

I have read one biblical scholar who said Paul might have been referring to the practice of taking boys as unwilling sex toys, not people in a relationship.

Yes. Depending on the translation you're reading, it could read sodomites, homosexuals, homosexual offenders, etc.

I have read one biblical scholar who said Paul might have been referring to the practice of taking boys as unwilling sex toys, not people in a relationship.

yeah I just read the same thing.

One would think that the informed and intelligent Christian (like yourself) would take these translations and nuances in the language and interpretation into consideration when deciding whether or not to support their child's lifestyle, instead of just carrying on like a bull in a China shop with something so personal and important.

My point has been that that is certainly done for matters of greed/wealth, but for some reason not homosexuality.

One would think that the informed and intelligent Christian (like yourself) would take these translations and nuances in the language and interpretation into consideration when deciding whether or not to support their child's lifestyle, instead of just carrying on like a bull in a China shop with something so personal and important.

There's more going on here than just slavish adherence to texts. Look around the natural world. Homosexuality is a perversion of the natural order of sex.

Let us all deride car drivers. Driving a car is, after all, not something previously seen as common place in nature. It is a perversion of the natural order of movement whereby we utilize force generated by our own appendages to propel ourselves.

Let us all deride car drivers. Driving a car is, after all, not something previously seen as common place in nature. It is a perversion of the natural order of movement whereby we utilize force generated by our own appendages to propel ourselves.

You have a car that runs via the power of your appendages...

Big hands, I think you are the one...

It is completely unnatural for humans to chemically alter crude oil into refined gasoline. Alchemy is some kind of perverse magic that only the devil could bestow upon man.

In the natural world only birds and insects are able to fly.

It is a perversion of the natural order for man to use knives and chemicals to save lives. Men with infections and severe injuries were, by the natural order, supposed to die of their wounds as God intended.

There's more going on here than just slavish adherence to texts. Look around the natural world. Homosexuality is a perversion of the natural order of sex.

According to this at least 450 species have gay members. There are probably others don't know about or can't tell.

The fact that homosexuality has existed since early recorded history, even before there were negative "rules", tend to show that is "natural" not a "perversion" in humans.

looks pretty natural to me :noidea:

2673075-2673071-couple,kissing,lesbian,sexy,b,w,kiss-fab05eb66d79a6d41c364b2a00d1fd4f_h.jpg

Back