• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Deacs v The Cuse Game Thread

1. Theory: plausible
2. We just did that without Key. Really impressive win.
3. F the h8ers

Well coached game. Once again Wake down 5 late ("Wake better be careful here") and then hit some critical buckets to pull ahead.

Thought Dino was actually pretty good too. Liked his bluntness (he was a bit harsh on Moore and the other Cuse big man when he said they weren't skilled and could only dunk). Loved his pro Wake comments (who wouldn't want to come here! & their fans are awesome).

Got to give Dino props....he was really high on Wake. Talked about how great the alumni are, how valuable a Wake degree is, and what you stated above. I was pretty surprised and impressed how much he sang Wake's praises. Maybe it was in an attempt not to appear bitter but my guess is he's way happier announcing games and we paid him a pretty good buy out. Time heals all wounds I suppose.

Well coached game. Once again Wake down 5 late ("Wake better be careful here") and then hit some critical buckets to pull ahead.

Thought Dino was actually pretty good too. Liked his bluntness (he was a bit harsh on Moore and the other Cuse big man when he said they weren't skilled and could only dunk). Loved his pro Wake comments (who wouldn't want to come here! & their fans are awesome).

Very well coached game, thought last game was well coached too. Difference: players hit shots this game and didn’t again UNC. Big W by the guys without our leading scorer. Ride that momentum into a win at BC.

Sarr>>Moore

He's definitely going to be. If nothing else, it will be fun to watch Sarr and Brown improve over the course of the season. Brown hit a huge shot and could be a great player for us, but I agree with many on here he appears to be suffering from a lack of confidence right now. Hopefully that shot and this game will help him out, because he's got a ton of potential. I think we'll have a very good team next year.

A beat slow passing against the zone for a lot of the game.

Feel like D. Mitchell could end up a pretty useful player.

And we actually scored more points then the football team did against Syracuse which wasn’t an easy task.

Got to give Dino props....he was really high on Wake. Talked about how great the alumni are, how valuable a Wake degree is, and what you stated above. I was pretty surprised and impressed how much he sang Wake's praises. Maybe it was in an attempt not to appear bitter but my guess is he's way happier announcing games and we paid him a pretty good buy out. Time heals all wounds I suppose.

I imagine Dino holds little ill will towards the fans at Wake or even the University in general. I'm sure he hates Wellman and Hatch's guts though.

Analysis from a Syracuse fan:

Totally agree with you. Everything we tried backfired and they kept hitting their free throws. What really killed us was the 3 three pointer in a row from the corner. No way should they have been open for 3 in a row from the same darn corner. Then all of a sudden our free throw shooters can not find the basket. Lets hope we got all of our screw ups out tonight. Curious why we seen Sidibe for about two minutes then not again?

Analysis from a Syracuse fan:

Totally agree with you. Everything we tried backfired and they kept hitting their free throws. What really killed us was the 3 three pointer in a row from the corner. No way should they have been open for 3 in a row from the same darn corner. Then all of a sudden our free throw shooters can not find the basket. Lets hope we got all of our screw ups out tonight. Curious why we seen Sidibe for about two minutes then not again?

Spot on analysis there

Pulling Chaundee for defense and leaving Wilbekin in is retarded.

Sarr saved Manning from another bonehead loss. We had our best FT shooter inbounding the ball to Sarr twice in the last minute. Sarr’s last 4 free throws were pure. Chill, Wilbekin and Crawford all missed free throws which could have helped seal the win. Very fortunate to survive the missed free throws and bad inbounding strategy.

Good game plan by coaching staff. Hope Keyshawn can return for BC.

Sarr saved Manning from another bonehead loss. We had our best FT shooter inbounding the ball to Sarr twice in the last minute. Sarr’s last 4 free throws were pure. Chill, Wilbekin and Crawford all missed free throws which could have helped seal the win. Very fortunate to survive the missed free throws and bad inbounding strategy.

to the first sentence

Yes. Still don't know why you inbound with your best FT shooter. Good chance he doesn't get it back before the foul. Props to Starr for knocking them down

Great point. Why the hell make sure your 91%ft shooter isn't getting the ball.

Of course Wilbekin is guarding their best shooter. WHY?!

And backing up at that! Mitch knows better.

It's almost like Manning has seen Crawford inbound it and Sarr shoot it thousands of times.

Thompson was 5-8 from the floor, 3-4 FT's, 7 rebounds and 3 steals and a few people said earlier they want to sit him??

Great point. Why the hell make sure your 91%ft shooter isn't getting the ball.

Because he is, by far, our most reliable passer in that situation, and they had a 6'10" guy covering the inbounder.

Thompson was 5-8 from the floor, 3-4 FT's, 7 rebounds and 3 steals and a few people said earlier they want to sit him??

I did for sure, was not expecting him to hit those free throw jumpers today and thought Sarr or Mitchell would’ve better suited that role. Happy as hell he proved me wrong

Back