• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The devil never sleeps, this time it's Nice, France

Well a lot of American people want Obama to make obvious statements like there is radical terrorism every single time we are attacked.

I think that's pretty obvious too. Like the Americans need to be told that radical terrorists are a problem.

People want him to refer to it as what it is- Islamic Terrorism. Quit beating around the bush and pretending like it's not people who find justification for their murders in their religion. However, I realize he's the prez and is behaving prudently- he doesn't want to do anything that might inflame tensions. So I don't really blame him. But for many who are part of the pro-immigration left, it's clear to me they're in denial about the threat we face and are unwilling to accept their role in why we're facing it.

maybe we say 'fuck off, israel' and cede the middle east. the terrorists won; i'd rather be able to live in peace than jam democracy down the throats of people who don't get it.

PGMs tend to reduce the gag reflex.

People want him to refer to it as what it is- Islamic Terrorism. Quit beating around the bush and pretending like it's not people who find justification for their murders in their religion. However, I realize he's the prez and is behaving prudently- he doesn't want to do anything that might inflame tensions. So I don't really blame him. But for many who are part of the pro-immigration left, it's clear to me they're in denial about the threat we face and are unwilling to accept their role in why we're facing it.

I don't know what you're talking about. This isn't terrorism. It's hard to decipher the attacker's motive. Until further notice, I think we should refer to this is another incident in the growing plague of truck-place violence. I don't know why anyone would consider this terrorism...

I don't think people are generally in denial about the threat "we" face, I think people disagree on how to address the issue. If you want to shut down the American borders to shut down the small number of terrorist attacks that occur domestically due to immigrants, then that's your prerogative. I don't think disagreeing that this is a practical or helpful solution means the "pro-immigration left" is in "denial."

I don't know what you're talking about. This isn't terrorism. It's hard to decipher the attacker's motive. Until further notice, I think we should refer to this is another incident in the growing plague of truck-place violence. I don't know why anyone would consider this terrorism...

Unsurprisingly, the quixotic quest continues.

I really don't think that there are many people out there who don't think Radical Islamic Terrorism is a problem.

I didn't think anybody needed to be told that Trump is an absolutely terrible candidate who is grossly out of touch with the way policy and the rest of society operates, yet here we are. So I think issuing obvious statements may be in everyone's best interest moving forward.

I didn't think anyone needs to be told Hillary is an untrustworthy liar at this point, yet remarkably here we are, with 33% of voters finding her to be trustworthy.

Well a lot of American people want Obama to make obvious statements like there is radical terrorism every single time we are attacked.

I think that's pretty obvious too. Like the Americans need to be told that radical terrorists are a problem.

No but at least every time he does tell us not to blame all muslims and that it is a religion of peace. I guess he thinks we need to be reminded of that. weird.

I really don't think that there are many people out there who don't think Radical Islamic Terrorism is a problem.

Well that's not going to stop people from conflating "disagreement on policy response" with "OMG the left is in denial about Islamic terror"

Please, if I had a dime for everyone who says after one these attacks, "These people are not Muslims." The denialism is commonplace.

No but at least every time he does tell us not to blame all muslims and that it is a religion of peace. I guess he thinks we need to be reminded of that. weird.

Well with people like JHMD and BSF4L out there it's pretty clear that he does need to remind people.

Please, if I had a dime for everyone who says after one these attacks, "These people are not Muslims." The denialism is commonplace.

I'm done engaging after this because you're just being obtuse, per usual these days, but the most common refrain is that "these people do not represent ALL Muslims."

You guys may want to step away from the windmills if you want to continue this circle jerk. It may be hazardous without a protective cup.

when a random muslims commit an acts of terror, all muslims are terrorists

when random police officers brutally murder suspects, just an unfortunate, isolated incident

I don't think people are generally in denial about the threat "we" face, I think people disagree on how to address the issue. If you want to shut down the HIGHWAYS and BUSINESSES to shut down the small number of WHITE COPS KILLING BLACK MEN that occur domestically, then that's your prerogative. I don't think disagreeing that this is a practical or helpful solution means the "pro-police and anti BLM group " is in "denial."

FIFY

Back