• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Night Of on HBO

The subreddit suggested that the pictures of Naz with the blood on his hand, hands out for the mug shot, resembled Jesus and he is an innocent martyr in the event.

This seems like a "I took film class 101!" level reach. The "blood on my hands" imagery is used constantly without reference to religion.

I agree that it's an overreach. The sentiment was that every little thing matters in the pilot, so that had to have some meaning.

the craziest one is the cat at the end behind the father. some think it is the same cat from the city, so the cat hopped a ride from Manhattan and tunnel or bridged deep into Queens because? The cousin/uncle who was sleeping in the house did some sort of phone ninja tracking shit and got jealous and butchered the woman and then on a whim, decided to steal her cat too?

I think they actually SHOWED her fingernails digging in a scratching Nas' back

Yes, they did. And yes, you can get scratches like that with an especially enthusiastic partner. Hurts like a bitch, but you feel like a manly man until they heal.

That said, the closeup of the scratches looked a bit weird, and one in particular was especially thin looking (like a razor or something), but I chalk that up to makeup. A razor cut would bleed more than those fingernail cuts would.

ELC, admit that you've never had such scratches because you only plow your women from behind while they're bent over a trash can or toilet or Camaro hood.

ELC, admit that you've never had such scratches because you only plow your women from behind while they're bent over a trash can or toilet or Camaro hood.

I will admit to no such thing, although the one that left me with marks like that did often get it from behind because she liked it ITB.

what was importance of the motorcycle stopped beside him at that light? they let that linger for a while as well, so presumably will be important down the road.

Since we didn't see the face of the person on the motorcycle that could be interesting. Especially if he claims to see the knife that was on the dashboard.

I think the only reason for the motorcyclist was to have a reason he'd put the knife in his pocket (to then get frisked and caught). Doubt it has significance later.

would be pretty gnarly to bone a chick after stabbing her in the hand though. Jus' sayin. As long as she's into it.

the craziest one is the cat at the end behind the father. some think it is the same cat from the city, so the cat hopped a ride from Manhattan and tunnel or bridged deep into Queens because? The cousin/uncle who was sleeping in the house did some sort of phone ninja tracking shit and got jealous and butchered the woman and then on a whim, decided to steal her cat too?

They seemed to focus in on Naz's brother for quite a while and pretty often....He had a look of what seemed like more than just concern for his brother. Maybe the cat got a ride back from him?? :tard::)

The trailers keep showing Omar from the Wire in a uniform. That has to mean something.

The opening scene also shows the cat. Brother did it, spoiled already. Thanks internet.

Note I'm not saying I read some spoiler saying the brother did it. Just this thread that says the only way it got back there would be the brother.

absolutely nothing happened, but it was riveting.

This. Freeze framed it on Naz' back and I was wrong. Fingernail marks. One looked sort of weird but not what I thought I had seen at all.

Also, he seems to want to tell the truth but still don't think he will. I imagine he is going to skip over stabbing her in the hand until he absolutely has to - or never does. This episode seemed to focus on the idea that it doesn't matter what actually happened, so I am starting to think that we won't find out either. Step Father seemed possible, but not probable. He'd have had a key. Plus, he lives in Queens! So he could have grabbed the cat, driven it back to Queen, let it run around some, then drove it back to the house in Manhattan for kicks.

Thinking we will be left with a did he do it? at the end and no clear murderer.

Back