• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Probably but that really only means something to the Learners....especially if they win the lawsuit to win back the TV rights.

huh? the tv deal only makes a difference to the lerners. it doesnt put money in your pocket. much like the tv deal effecting revenue streams, it effected the purchase price. that means the learners should have paid less than they would have, and thus it should net out. if it didnt that's on them.

Big Dick Rizzo strikes again

@ZuckermanCSN: Source confirms #Nats sign OF Nate McLouth to 2-year deal, pending physical. Solid 4th OF, LH bat. First reported by @Ken_Rosenthal.

huh? the tv deal only makes a difference to the lerners. it doesnt put money in your pocket. much like the tv deal effecting revenue streams, it effected the purchase price. that means the learners should have paid less than they would have, and thus it should net out. if it didnt that's on them.

I don't know if they paid that much less. They paid about $450 million...7th most (more than the Reds, Brewers and the same as the Braves all around the same time). That being said the team is now worth about $850 million so not a bad investment even without the TV rights.

My beef is not so much with the money the team brings in. Unlike a lot of Nats fans I have no problem with the money the Lerners spend on the team. My problem is that I am forced to watch my team on station owned and operated by the O's. It's a shit product.

lol

so mclouth gets a bigger deal than ddj. <3 friedman

OMG YES:

I guess I should have nominated Cano in the most overrated prospect thread the other day. That he still gets talked up as some kind of top prospect (not pointing at John here, by the way) amazes me.

I've seen Cano play a lot, and I'm not even sure he'd be a productive Triple-A player. Let's start with his defense; it's brutal. He has terrible footwork and simply lacks any kind of instincts around the bag. There's no way you want him playing up the middle. He might have the raw speed to not be awful in left field, but that's about as kind as I can be regarding his glovework. Offensively, he's a fastball hitter. He sits dead red on every pitch and waits for a mistake. Any good breaking ball or offspeed pitch will have him out in front. He's mostly a gap hitter, lacking the power to drive the ball consistently over the wall. To add insult to injury, he's also a terrible baserunner.

In his prime, I think he could hit .280/.320/.400 while playing awful defense. Yipee.

-David Cameron, February 20, 2005

Ken Rosenthal reporting Mike Napoli re-signs with Red Sox on a 2 year deal worth $32 million. Apparently turned down a higher offer from another team to come back to Boston.

Twitter abuzz with rumors of Beltran to Yankees. Guess he plays RF? And they have to know something on A-Rod.

Twitter abuzz with rumors of Beltran to Yankees. Guess he plays RF? And they have to know something on A-Rod.

3 years/$45 million

This market is insane. This is unlike anything I can recall.

Ken Rosenthal reporting Mike Napoli re-signs with Red Sox on a 2 year deal worth $32 million. Apparently turned down a higher offer from another team to come back to Boston.

too bad ellsbury didnt.

3 years/$45 million

i thought 2/$30. it is crazy, but of course youve never seen it. the teams are awash with money between the new tv deal and the economy kicking ass.

I was more referring to everyone being gone before the winter meetings even start

ohhhhhhhh

it'll just be the david price sweepstakes. the winner gets a playoff berth and a bunch of angry bloggers.

3 years/$45 million

That's a great deal for Yanks. I expected 3 for 52 at least, more like 3 for 60.

Random quote just repeated on Sportscenter: "With all these roster moves the Yankees are a shoo-in to win the 2006 World Series

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Back