• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

He never overcame the knee injury. In those days, it was not an operation that doctors could perform like today.

Here are his stats at LaSalle http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=797&Itemid=5

There were serious discussions whether he was better than DRJ. Some thought his outside shot and D made Durrett better. They played at the same time.

One of the greatest one-on-one games I ever saw was when he played the 7-1 Jim McDaniels and his Final Four WKY team at The Palestra. Durrett had 45 points, close to 20 boards, a bunch of assists and several blocks. McDaniels 35 or so and tons of boards. Every time, you didn't think they could outdo the last move, you were proven wrong.

Many people consider him the 2nd best player ever in Big 5, behind only fellow LaSalle Explorer, HOFer Tom Gola.

Wow, a Jim McDaniels reference! My dad taught at WKU for 5 years and I was a huge Hilltopper and Jim McDaniels fan when I was in elementary school. Broke my heart when we had to vacate the Final Four appearance because JM had contact with an agent before the draft.

Giles' game is obviously based on healthy knees and a good point guard. Someone like B-Chill, willing and able to throw all those lob passes. We can't be sure about his knees recovering, but will Duke have a PG next year?

Does everyone think Frank Jackson is leaving? Because he'd be a pretty solid pg for them next year if he is still in kville, which I think he will be

Last edited:
He just emerged. He strikes me as a guy K gets lucky stays for three years. He would get Allen hype or deliver Kennard production.

Last edited:
Yeah I see Jackson as a Frank Mason type unfortunately, maybe Quinn Cook even. Stays 3-4 years, gets better every year and leads the team his last season.

Unless K has Barkley Defense materials on a couple of NBA GMs, there is no way Jackson gets drafted in the first round or highly in the second round.

as a college player/production/impact wise, off the top of my head i can't think of a worse one and done player ever for any team.

Wasn't Marques Bolden projected to be a one and done as well? He's looked just as bad as Giles has.

Unless K has Barkley Defense materials on a couple of NBA GMs, there is no way Jackson gets drafted in the first round or highly in the second round.

I've seen Jackson in first round projections - but I don't know if they know what they are talking about.

Wasn't Marques Bolden projected to be a one and done as well? He's looked just as bad as Giles has.
Bolden was expected to be a 1 & done by UK fans. Giles is different because of the mountain of expectations, he was a no doubt #1 pick.

also, i still expect harry to stay in the draft and get drafted, i expect bolden will come back.

skal is pretty close. his college numbers were worse than i remembered. he was neck and neck with simmons for #1 talk before the season started, he went 28th overall.

I haven't seen anyone with Frank Jackson being picked in the 1st Round- Justin Jackson, yep.

I am stunned that Swanningan isn't in the lottery everywhere.

Bolden was an idiot to sign and would be an idiot to stay unless he wants to play the Marshall Plumlee role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen anyone with Frank Jackson being picked in the 1st Round- Justin Jackson, yep.

I am stunned that Swanigan isn't in the lottery everywhere.
Swanigan is a shorter Jared Sullinger, and Sullinger only went 21st.

Giles' game is obviously based on healthy knees and a good point guard. Someone like B-Chill, willing and able to throw all those lob passes. We can't be sure about his knees recovering, but will Duke have a PG next year?

They have had Jackson flying under the radar because of all the fanfare of Kennard & Allen. But when you can't really jump without worrying about your knees exploding, I would imagine Giles has a tough time in his own mind just letting go & playing normal inhibition free basketball. But if some NBA team wants to spend some 1st round draft pick on him, untested so to speak, they got more money than they have good sense. Meanwhile they could spend a lot of time in Winston-Salem on a far better player at this time--John Collins!

Harry Giles does not like to go to school. Sad, but he is one that the system pushed through. Listening to him give an interview is embarrassing. I feel for the kid. Clearly could have worked harder in the classroom but I imagine he was pushed through the system and told to only focus on hoops. Nobody can convince me that his eligibility was not in question with DUKE (not NCAA) this past fall. He attended summer school after getting accepted taking online classes. Was seen by multiple people in the media playing with the team the before the season started, but yet makes his debut the FIRST day after his Fall classes and exams were over....Duke passed him this Fall and he is ONE and DONE just like he was promised when he was recruited.

Back