• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

because baby would want to feed and get fussier, i was on overnight changing/soothing duty between feeds once were past the on demand. before that, it was my job to get up and bring baby to mama to feed bc she was usually pretty exhausted.

europeans and their massive baby leaves have it figured out

Is 4-5 the ideal age for kids? My daughter is pretty awesome right now. You can have a conversation with her, make her do things, and she gets really excited about really simple things, like me installing a new toilet seat for her.

The Bug just turned 4 on Tuesday and my mom told her (and me) that 4 is her favorite kid age. I'm waiting for her to move a little further away from the "threenager" phase and into the cool 4s. But looking forward to it.

And for the record, the Bug was in our room til right around 3 months and Wormy til a little closer to 4 months. But totally know people who put them in their own room right away and those that shared a room til one or beyond. Totally a you do you situation.

Woman please. Men have it way harder than women do in this situation. We also have to wake up because the baby is loud and we still hear him/her through the monitor. Then we sometimes get up and change the diaper while you get your boobs situated. THEN we have to go back to bed ALONE and try to go back to sleep. Then the worst part, we have to spend all next day listening to you whine about how tired you are.

What do you guys do? Whip you boobs out and sit there with a human attached. Let's be honest, that's how we got ourselves in this situation anyway.

Point: Team y-chromosome

None of you know my wife, right?

I'm going to find her after this post...

Parenting is hard. Full of sacrifice (never ending?), fear, and failure. Very humbling (and that is good). Also the best thing in the world, IMO. What a privilege! What joys and thrills! And what will most of us ever do or produce that is better than a child...another person to find their way in the world?

Step parenting tends to provide its own additional challenges. Just keep doing your best with the light you have at the moment and enjoy the ride as much as you can.

I feel you tilt, but damn....being a parent is the best feeling ever.

Sloane sleeps in her crib right beside our bed. Our pediatrician said the latest recommendation is to have them sleep in the room with you up to 12 months. It somehow reduces the chances of SIDS, but i think it's only marginally. We havent decided how long well keep her our room.

Woman please. Men have it way harder than women do in this situation. We also have to wake up because the baby is loud and we still hear him/her through the monitor. Then we sometimes get up and change the diaper while you get your boobs situated. THEN we have to go back to bed ALONE and try to go back to sleep. Then the worst part, we have to spend all next day listening to you whine about how tired you are.

What do you guys do? Whip you boobs out and sit there with a human attached. Let's be honest, that's how we got ourselves in this situation anyway.

Point: Team y-chromosome

None of you know my wife, right?

Actually...

Sloane sleeps in her crib right beside our bed. Our pediatrician said the latest recommendation is to have them sleep in the room with you up to 12 months. It somehow reduces the chances of SIDS, but i think it's only marginally. We havent decided how long well keep her our room.

If you have the time read some of the papers on how they think it regulates their breathing/teachers their bodies about sleep cycles, it's fascinating.

We kept E in our room until 6 months, S was 8 and P was 9 or 10 but that was because we had to get S out of the crib before we could move her.

I like 5 -6 age a lot, but E and I also are super alike and butt heads often. He is just a brat sometimes. S at 3 is actually pretty amazing (except he's being forced to nap at school and so doesn't want to go to bed until midnight or so). P is starting to get independent, that will be nice but she's our best sleeper by far.

We're keeping our son in our room until age 1, although part of that is circumstance. He's been in a box since we brought him home, but he'll move to a pack n play on Tuesday when we go to Seattle. That place is a studio. Then we're staying with her folks for six months while our house is renovated, so all three of us will be living in a 10x10 bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 6 months can SmooveDeac change his name to GrumpyDeac?

Intended to keep my daughter in our room for a while, but she had a moderate case of jaundice and had to sleep on a UV bed. No way that was staying in our room at night, so she was in her own room within a couple of days. I always took care of the night feedings (pumped milk), so that my wife could get a solid 5 or 6 hours of sleep at night. Our daughter was always a good sleeper, though, so it was never too big of a deal.

In 6 months can SmooveDeac change his name to GrumpyDeac?

Yeah, this will be verrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. That move-in happens in mid-August, so if I suddenly get all angsty then, you'll know why.

I just got a 2:00 am Facebook friend request from my sons' favorite preschool teacher. Weird or not weird?

We're keeping our son in our room until age 1, although part of that is circumstance. He's been in a box since we brought him home, but he'll move to a pack n play on Tuesday when we go to Seattle. That place is a studio. Then we're staying with her folks for six months while our house is renovated, so all three of us will be living in a 10x10 bedroom.

A friend of mine just went through this, but his kids are 11f and 9m. He said he was actually a little thankful for it because his kids spent more time with/around each other than ever before, and it was cool to see them play together again. Then he said, "I will never, ever do that again."

Current or past teacher? 0 or 1?

Current and past. She was my little one's Pre-K teacher and used to run the summer camp at the same preschool. New owners took over and nickel and dimed the parents and dicked over teachers so a bunch of parents and teachers left. She is now coordinating the new summer camp and after school program at the martial arts studio that taught at the preschool. My little one is in summer camp with her now.

I also got a friend request a few months ago from the teacher she took over from who was my little one's previous favorite teacher. Ladies love that kid.

0, but the Facebook photos are more flattering than her normal work clothes.

Back