• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Ella Katherine's first google image hit:

7983_110539095098.jpg

As a dad, not sure if this is an improvement or a downgrade for Grace Elizabeth:

paddock-girl-sachsenring-16-111012.jpg

First hit for my daughter's name on Google:

#accidentalgreatness

My daughter's name is a Pixies song title too. And an Elvis Costello song. But we spell it differently.

My daughter's name is a Pixies song title too. And an Elvis Costello song. But we spell it differently.

If we had a girl, I had told my wife that Allison was off the table simply because I would break out into song whenever I had to say her name. Same with Sarah.

As it is, I start singing Jack and Diane about one of our kids almost every day.

A little update on names from around facebook. Here are some that really make me scratch my head (some previously mentioned):

- Crew
- River
- Nox
- Beckham
- Lachlan
- Sage (girl)

Like roll-call at a Cary preschool.

I actually really like the name Beckham! Not so much for the rest of that list though,

wow that may be the dumbest crime I have ever read about. He told everyone where he was going to meet a woman and then raped, killed, and robbed her and went home with her shit.

uh oh, better change it to a more successful criminal so the stupidity curse from the name doesn't rub off on him.

looking forward to ted bundy wakeandbake!

I actually really like the name Beckham! Not so much for the rest of that list though,

I agree that Beckham isn't a terrible offender, but when paired with Lachlan (his baby brother), it is pretty horrific. Their dad works at the Chive though, so I think he gets a hall pass for basically everything.

Talk to me about paternity (or maternity) leave.

What kind of things did you guys do at work in preparation for being gone a while?

hmmm, WakeandBakeToy (did I do that right?) is really high on 'August' right now. not really feeling it..

Back