• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

E only slept on our chests for months. S never really has. Sometimes I think it's just personality. E would bust out if swaddles, S doesn't squirm at all. But S did sleep in his bouncy seat on vibrate for the first 8 weeks so hopefully the rock and play helps you.

This one is definitely squirmy but he slept in the rock n play last night! It sounds like the chest sleeping is pretty common and I guess not terrible if you have a comfortable place for sleeping that way but I think my back was on the verge of going out from sleeping sitting up on the couch. I love the "make it work" stories like siler's with the bathroom fan!

Thanks guys- he's in a rock n play right now so I'm hoping that lasts! I like the louder white noise suggestions especially because I think they sound like clever ploys for post partum ladies to get their husbands to vacuum and dry their hair for them.

Scheme or not, having noise while the kid sleeps is legit.

I'm not sure about helping the kid get to sleep, since we always had noise. But, having noise definitely helps your kid stay asleep. Every kid I've seen who slept/napped in silence woke up at the drop of a pin.

Also, Rock n Play sounds like the most metal baby accessory.

Oh yeah agreed noise is a real thing. We have a small white noise machine for night and during the day he's been sleeping in the middle of the living room with tv noise and my fam around.

A little update on names from around facebook. Here are some that really make me scratch my head (some previously mentioned):

- Crew
- River
- Nox
- Beckham
- Lachlan
- Sage (girl)

Like roll-call at a Cary preschool.

Last edited:
What's the story behind Nox? An alternate spelling of Knox? Something more badass?

NO[SUB]x[/SUB] is a generic term for mono-nitrogen oxides NO and NO[SUB]2[/SUB] (nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide). They are produced from the reaction of nitrogen and oxygen gases in the air during combustion, especially at high temperatures. In areas of high motor vehicle traffic, such as in large cities, the amount of nitrogen oxides emitted into the atmosphere as air pollution can be significant.

Clearly, the kid's a pollutant.

A little update on names from around facebook. Here are some that really make me scratch my head (some previously mentioned):

- Crew
- River
- Nox
- Beckham
- Lachlan
- Sage (girl)

Kai is Nox's sister.

- Crew
- River
- Nox
- Beckham
- Lachlan
- Sage (girl)

Our neighbors named their 2 most recent kids (they have 5) Coors and Cruze.
The running joke is that they were both probably both conceived at a Florida Georgia Line concert.

Jeepers, those names suck. I know a woman who named her son Danger. :rulz:

I think we are pretty close to being settled on David Aaron.

edit: I really like Joseph William, but I'm a Jets fan so...

David Aaron is a good solid name.

I've seen the name Cruze tossed around. It doesn't even make sense to me. Coors is just super white trash.

I just moved into a new neighborhood with a shit ton of kids running around and I've been really pleasantly surprised with the names of the kids. The "wackiest," if you could even call it that is Ezra, but that's biblical, so nothing too stupid. Otherwise, the names are all spelled normally and mostly classic or at least not embarrassing.

Yep, solid name. From Murderpedia:

martinez.jpg

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m1/martinez-david-aaron.htm

Personally, I would still go with David Aaron and hopefully every time you look at your baby boy's beautiful face, you will see this staring back at you:

0000935481.jpg

Oh yeah agreed noise is a real thing. We have a small white noise machine for night and during the day he's been sleeping in the middle of the living room with tv noise and my fam around.

Just know that if you're in a small house, you (the adult) run the risk of becoming noise machine-dependent. My oldest is 6 and now I'm to the point where I can't sleep in a hotel without a white noise app.

Just know that if you're in a small house, you (the adult) run the risk of becoming noise machine-dependent. My oldest is 6 and now I'm to the point where I can't sleep in a hotel without a white noise app.

This is very true. I don't have kids but have the same issue. I used to be able to go to sleep with silence. When my husband started traveling for work I would always fall asleep watching tv. It became a comforting sound. Now he no longer travels but I still have to have the tv on all night to call and stay asleep.

Back