• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

The best is yet to come. My wife's hatred of me hit a record breaking high when I went to work and left her home with a 6 week old. Good times.

Yes, prepare yourself for the inevitable "get your ass home and get YOUR baby so I can take a nap" call around 6-8 weeks.

Holy shit this shit is real - we are at 6 weeks and counting. Braxton Higgs (sp) contractions. Full imprints of baby can be seen in her belly. He was head down but is now breech, which is fine its a scheduled C section. Got the pram this weekend, gonna get the jogger at 5 or 6 months when it gets warm. Mom wants to do the Chicago marathon again next year. Im ready!!! lets do this!

The best is yet to come. My wife's hatred of me hit a record breaking high when I went to work and left her home with a 6 week old. Good times.

Wait until the kids get a little older...or you have 3 kids, and a puppy. Trying to get the 7 year old to do her homework, 4 year old is exhausted from preschool and playing all afternoon, never naps anymore, and wants to watch some effing Peppa Pig while snacking and ruining her dinner, 11 month old is tired and hungry and/or wants to nurse and/or get into everything in every cabinet in the kitchen, and the puppy just took a shit in the den during the ten second my wife turned her back. Most days my wife handles all of this like an absolute champ, but once every week or two I get the "my head is going to explode if you are not home in 10 minutes" text message.

Wait until the kids get a little older...or you have 3 kids, and a puppy. Trying to get the 7 year old to do her homework, 4 year old is exhausted from preschool and playing all afternoon, never naps anymore, and wants to watch some effing Peppa Pig while snacking and ruining her dinner, 11 month old is tired and hungry and/or wants to nurse and/or get into everything in every cabinet in the kitchen, and the puppy just took a shit in the den during the ten second my wife turned her back. Most days my wife handles all of this like an absolute champ, but once every week or two I get the "my head is going to explode if you are not home in 10 minutes" text message.

Sounds like my house in a few months. 8 and 6 year olds, baby on the way , 5 month old dog. :wtf:

I'm so glad our dog is older now that I have two toddlers. He was a young punk back when we got him and it would have been a complete mess to handle him and the boys.

I can imagine this playing out for me as well. Sans the dog shit, I hope.

Ball State what is your due date? I think our kids are going to be born very close. We are Nov 11. If we have been through this already and I forgot, my apologies.

Ball State what is your due date? I think our kids are going to be born very close. We are Nov 11. If we have been through this already and I forgot, my apologies.

All good. We have a "scheduled" c-section on 11/12. I doubt very much that we make it that far. I'm hoping for 10/14 (which would be 34 weeks). Anything after that would be gravy.

One day when my oldest (now 14) was two I came home from work to find my wife sitting at the kitchen table crying with a glass of bourbon in her hand. Instead of asking her what was for dinner, I said "Let's go out to eat". Sometimes a husband needs to think on his feet.

I'm always a little surprised by the number of posters whose wives stay at home. It shouldn't be considering that's the case for the majority of my Wake friends, even those who married Wake grads.

My wife works but stayed home for ~12 weeks with both kiddos. That was enough time for her to determine she needed to go back to work.

Back