• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Price is Wrong

I'll never get fans that hate on players that are by all accounts good guys who are doing their best (and doing it pretty well) and then brag about it. It's not like he's been caught stealing Ipads; and he's easily been our best option since his Freshman year.

Finally, a reasonable post.

When almost all your passes are within 5-7 yards of the LOS, you should complete at least 60% of your passes.

I went to every game. He ran for his life and the play call was running him left and he had issues completing 20 yard passes on the fly. I think he could have done better and will this year. I have no idea why this board wants to bash this kid before his senior season. It's just stupid. The bottom line is we did not have an OFFENSIVE LINE! It was DO fucking A. I don't know how so many on this board do not understand this. If you have no blocking you have no offense. It is that simple. And I'm not bashing you, rj, I just took this moment to rant. I'll be there in the fall as usual.

And you're wrong again. The kid is certainly good enough and anyone with any football acumen can tell that. What he has surrounding him and on the sidelines is not good enough.

Tanner's probably a great 7 on 7 QB

We're not Alabama. We don't have three 5-star QB's waiting to come off the bench for him.

Fair enough. But I'd take Sankey or McPherson over Tanner any day. He's a kid that wore the "red" jersey too long. He's not a gamer.

Alabama took Alec Morris off our commit list. It unfair to compare Tanner to Sankey and McPherson because the coaching has changed. If John Mackovic was calling plays, Tanner would be All-ACC. Player developement is the dirty little secret with this program. By your third year in the program, a player should be ready to play. The staff should not have to change the teams offensive philosophy.

My only good memory from last season was Tanner and the drive against UNC to win the game. Other than that a lot meh the past few years... Oh wait, FSU two years ago!

Don't get me wrong, I never want him to play poorly. I think the things for me are:

1)It never seems like he takes charge with the team
2)He hasn't gotten that much better imo

I agree that he hasn't had a great offensive line, if he could have had an o-line of 5 Joe Looney's he would probably be a lot better off.

Can't really say I agree with the OP, but what a spectacular thread title.

Joining the dissenting opinion- I think Price was a real talent coming in with a huge upside and Lobo/ Lobo's offense or lack there of, killed him. No way to prove it but I think this to be true. Had he played for someone competent as a OC Price might have been a very different QB. We will never know but I don't think any QB could have been real good playing in what passes for an offense under Lobo.

Yeah. He would have been a good QB under Harbaugh. I still don't understand how QBs can look at film of Lobo's offenses and want to play at Wake. I'm glad they do. I just don't get it.

I went to every game. He ran for his life and the play call was running him left and he had issues completing 20 yard passes on the fly. I think he could have done better and will this year. I have no idea why this board wants to bash this kid before his senior season. It's just stupid. The bottom line is we did not have an OFFENSIVE LINE! It was DO fucking A. I don't know how so many on this board do not understand this. If you have no blocking you have no offense. It is that simple. And I'm not bashing you, rj, I just took this moment to rant. I'll be there in the fall as usual.

saying he's an average QB is not bashing him.

The only nod I would give to Thompson is that after 4 years in the system, his decision making would be better that the others. If it isn't, Grobe should have made him an LB like he planned when he recruited him. Cameron might have the curse of the injury bug.

I meant to say I wouldn't be surprised Thompson take #2. He seems to always do very well in practice.

Accuracy and decision making (Skinner) is more important than a canon arm (Jeff George). If you have both, you have John Elway.

Accuracy and decision making (Skinner) is more important than a canon arm (Jeff George). If you have both, you have John Elway.

John Elway had a hell of an arm.

I would substitute Montana for Elway.

Our wideouts played their best game at Syracuse when Givens, Camp and Davis made some nice grabs.

That was Galloway's first game.

Back