• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Price is Wrong

Yeah. He would have been a good QB under Harbaugh. I still don't understand how any offensive player can look at film of Lobo's offenses and want to play at Wake. I'm glad they do. I just don't get it.

FIFY

His completion percentage is pretty high for a guy who is running for his life. He's seldom going to get to throw deeper until we have a reliable line. We were down to seven or eight linemen who had ever played the game midway into last season. Tanner is not the problem.

this. his strength is the deep ball but we only have one receiver who can consistently separate and a piss poor line. he also throws comparatively few interceptions compared to skinner (albeit he throws it away more too).

combine two good receivers with a solid line and a 1/2 decent tailback and he'd be in the top 3 in the ACC in my not so informed opinion.

This. I still believe the only thing that Tanner lacks compared to Riley is pocket awareness. I believe Riley's awareness was out of this world. Riley had better OL's and a much better D in his time as well.

yeah riley had some sort of anti-sack radar plus a thin coating of astro-glide all over his body.

Solid Verbal had Price at 5 or 6. CJ Brown can't throw the ball and is coming off an ACL injury so he can't run either.

Having price below anyone from NCSU is laughable. We don't even know who our QB is for the next season

FAN IQ's ACC QB rankings for 2013

1. Tahj Boyd - Clemson
2. Jameis Winston - FSU
3. Bryn Renner - UNC
4. Logan Thomas - VT
5. Stephen Morris - Miami
6. Vad Lee - GT
7. Tom Savage - Pitt
8. Greyson Lambert - UVA
9. Chase Rettig - BC
10. Drew Allen - Syr
11. CJ Brown - MD
12. Pete Thomas - NCSU
13. Anthony Boone - Duke
14. Tanner Price - Wake

http://www.faniq.com/blog/College-Football-2013-Ranking-Tajh-Boyd-and-the-ACCs-quarterbacks-Blog-68619

These fans must not have a very good iq then.

There is quite a few that has never started for their team and people have no clue what they are going to do and then those coming off injury.

These fans must not have a very good iq then.

There is quite a few that has never started for their team and people have no clue what they are going to do and then those coming off injury.

It was a popularity contest. Currently, we have NONE.

He does what LOBO tells him to do. Nuff said.

From a well-placed source, I'm told that Lobo and staff don't have the confidence in Price to make the correct read. Hence the shotgun draw on 3rd and 6.

Oh, and the person confirmed that Wellman is an asshole and no one likes working for him.

From a well-placed source, I'm told that Lobo and staff don't have the confidence in Price to make the correct read. Hence the shotgun draw on 3rd and 6.

The guy is a 3 year starter. They put him out there as a true freshman. They don't trust him to make a correct read on 3rd down? C'mon, man. That makes no sense. Why is he out there then? What have they been teaching him?

The guy is a 3 year starter. They put him out there as a true freshman. They don't trust him to make a correct read on 3rd down? C'mon, man. That makes no sense. Why is he out there then? What have they been teaching him?

Agreed. I don't buy that excuse. Lobo and staff have been doing that run out of the shotgun long before Price committed.

FAN IQ's ACC QB rankings for 2013

1. Tahj Boyd - Clemson
2. Jameis Winston - FSU
3. Bryn Renner - UNC
4. Logan Thomas - VT
5. Stephen Morris - Miami
6. Vad Lee - GT
7. Tom Savage - Pitt
8. Greyson Lambert - UVA
9. Chase Rettig - BC
10. Drew Allen - Syr
11. CJ Brown - MD
12. Pete Thomas - NCSU
13. Anthony Boone - Duke
14. Tanner Price - Wake

By seasons end both Price and Boone will be top 4-5 on the list.

Agreed. I don't buy that excuse. Lobo and staff have been doing that run out of the shotgun long before Price committed.

Exactly. They think it's their bread and butter money play. See Purdue 2003.

That is nothing I've ever heard.

As it is, he moves to an offense in 2013 that he is real familiar with.

Himebauch is in year 2 -- he's not Rasputin - but he is making really solid strides in conditioning and weight training. I mean the guy is a good coach -- he would have been the Offensive Coordinator for Montreal -- which is pretty good stepping-stone.

Anyway, guys like Turtle Hayworth and Smith have really improved their shuttle times, stamina and strength. I also like the way Himebauch teaches. I mean the guy has his own pedigree and style -- it means something to have been a 3 starter at USC and a team Captain for the Trojans. Anyway, I like the spirit on display.

Side note: Steven Chase was looking good at a recent workout. He started at 6:00 am with a quick set of 10 benches at 325 pounds for a warmup.

Steve is a big guy...but he is not 6'6. I'd say he is 6'4 and 1/2 and about 305-310. He is looking healthier all the time. Two months back he competed in a weight-stand pull against Zach T. and he was anchored in and really going at it.

It will be a huge boon to have Chase closer to 100% as opposed to the 75-80% mobility he played with last year.

Two keys,IMHO,will be Whitlock and Chase both playing at or near 100% as opposed to the 80 last season. A big difference now is the availability of a dedicated and fast improving "Thor" backing Chase and Spring standout Garcia and Lewinson to keep Whitlock from burning out at the end of games.

Coach Stubblefield is a pretty good task master and he teaches aggressively. His yelling at our wideouts "to push those guys into the bushes" rang out on the practice field this past spring. It is a style similar to Coach Billings. He was a hard nosed receiver in the Big Ten and his blocking was overshadowed by his prolific receiving numbers.

I am excited to have this guy teaching the wideouts...hopefully he will get to these guys. He is already gotten to Jonathan Williams and I look forward to his tutoring Sherman on and off the field. Sherman is going through some stuff that a lot of young guys do -- tardy for this or that function -- but I believe these are things we won't be talking about at the seasons end.

How would you rate our WR's in terms of blocking? Terry always stuck out to me last year as a really good blocking WR (despite his drops throughout the year). He had several blocks on screens to Camp or outside runs that sprung a big gain.

Back