• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The RTQ Collective Thread

If the NIL fund were a pizza cut into 12 slices, how many slices did we just give to Kern?

As I travel to other games nationwide (I know this makes me a weirdo to most of you with wives and dogs), I continue to see their collectives advertised throughout the venues.

This is true even at lesser size type schools like ours. SEC schools are quite open about this and encouraging folks to support the collective over the old donor funds (which have huge staffs and thus payrolls)

I wonder why Wake is so late to this party. We need money in this collective. We need folks to cut their deacon club donations and send them to RTQ to compete. This should be encouraged openly—including on signage throughout our venues and in our social media and other marketing.
Ok. So how much are you giving to RTQ? We know you give pennies to Wake while berating everyone else. So how much? Give us a number.

I’m not saying the collective needs to be paying for the advertising. We need to do it ourselves. There are literally stickers above urinals in SEC venues, in bars, it’s the people doing it.

We need to go to Learfield as well. They want a good product. Collective needs exposure.

I’m not saying the collective needs to be paying for the advertising. We need to do it ourselves. There are literally stickers above urinals in SEC venues, in bars, it’s the people doing it.

We need to go to Learfield as well. They want a good product. Collective needs exposure.
Seems like NC Title Loan Justice would be a great local donor. Though based on the quality of the website and TV commercials, I'm guessing it's not a thriving enterprise.

sounds like you think you're too good to put stickers above urinals !

it's always "we should be doing x" and never "i've been doing xyz, why can't y'all?" with you.

Ok. So how much are you giving to RTQ? We know you give pennies to Wake while berating everyone else. So how much? Give us a number.
Based on the fact that he doesn’t even seem to buy season tickets (per his first post where he hasn’t received the RTQ emails that ticket holders get), I think we can make some pretty good assumptions here.

Hi RTQ- I just screenshot and posted your IG page on my IG since I have a lot of Wake alums who follow my page/I follow. May make sense to put something out there that people can share from RTQ on their social media to “spread the word.” Just a suggestion!

The NCAA plays catch-up to the current reality of college sports. Better late than never, I guess.

NCAA president Charlie Baker proposed rule changes Tuesday that would allow Division I schools for the first time to pay their athletes in ways that are not tied to educational resources.

Baker shared the proposed changes in a letter sent to member schools. If Division I schools choose to adopt the rules, they would be allowed to enter into name, image and likeness deals directly with their athletes. The new rules would also create a trust fund for athletes at the richest tier of athletic departments and allow each of those schools to create its own set of rules for recruiting, transfers, roster size and a wide range of other policies.

"[It] is time for us -- the NCAA -- to offer our own forward-looking framework," Baker said. "This framework must sustain the best elements of the student-athlete experience for all student-athletes, build on the financial and organizational investments that have positively changed the trajectory of women's sports, and enhance the athletic and academic experience for student-athletes who attend the highest resourced colleges and universities."

The policy would bring a major change to the foundational tenet of the NCAA's long-held business model that prevented schools from providing any non-academic-based compensation to athletes. Baker's letter said the change is necessary during a time when the revenue generated by top colleges is poised to grow significantly and the legal pressure to compensate athletes continues to mount...

Back