• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The RTQ Collective Thread

Do collectives speak to each other, or do they all keep to themselves?
Varies based on school and organization. RTQ has some relationships with other collectives where there is some idea sharing.

RTQ is part of Student Athlete NIL (SANIL) - a collective agency that runs the collective organizations. Think ISP Sports / IMG College, but for NIL collectives.

As I travel to other games nationwide (I know this makes me a weirdo to most of you with wives and dogs), I continue to see their collectives advertised throughout the venues.

This is true even at lesser size type schools like ours. SEC schools are quite open about this and encouraging folks to support the collective over the old donor funds (which have huge staffs and thus payrolls)

I wonder why Wake is so late to this party. We need money in this collective. We need folks to cut their deacon club donations and send them to RTQ to compete. This should be encouraged openly—including on signage throughout our venues and in our social media and other marketing.

As I travel to other games nationwide (I know this makes me a weirdo to most of you with wives and dogs), I continue to see their collectives advertised throughout the venues.

This is true even at lesser size type schools like ours. SEC schools are quite open about this and encouraging folks to support the collective over the old donor funds (which have huge staffs and thus payrolls)

I wonder why Wake is so late to this party. We need money in this collective. We need folks to cut their deacon club donations and send them to RTQ to compete. This should be encouraged openly—including on signage throughout our venues and in our social media and other marketing.
Pretty sure I saw a RTQ ad at the Elon game. I do not think there will be signage calling for folks to cut DC donations at the Joel

so, for instance, playing a commercial for it a couple of times a game on a big video board during sporting events?

Or an email campaign that goes out to everyone that has purchased tickets to games?

Stuff like that?

This. In addition if you take say Athens or Tallahassee, every bar, restaurant, pizza parlor, gas station, hotel, convenience store is donating. They know what a winning program pays. Packed stadia is big bucks. This is far beyond alumni donations.

Great question.

As a third party all of the elements you mentioned have to be done as a sponsor via the NCAA. Roll The Quard has a partnership with Learfield. i.e. we have to pay Learfield money to be a sponsor of Wake Forest athletics (we also have to pay money in order to use the WF logo or have athletes in their uniforms / not whitewashed). We are running a promo video at every football and basketball game. we had an email campagain that was sent out to the WF database a couple weeks ago (more to come). We have some activations bought at Wake Forest events. We have a banner ad campagin set to launch in 2024.

Could we run more advertising inside the venues? Yes, but that would mean less money to have for NIL contracts for Wake Forest student-athletes.

This. In addition if you take say Athens or Tallahassee, every bar, restaurant, pizza parlor, gas station, hotel, convenience store is donating. They know what a winning program pays. Packed stadia is big bucks. This is far beyond alumni donations.
We are making outreach to local businesses daily. Some of the ones that have stepped up have been Putter's, Fratelli's, the Carolina Classic Fair, and Ashley Furniture.

We are making outreach to local businesses daily. Some of the ones that have stepped up have been Putter's, Fratelli's, the Carolina Classic Fair, and Ashley Furniture.
In my opinion this is a huge problem. You think UGA has the local fair and two restaurants as their NIL players. Every damn mom and pop store, every company around there is making donations to them I'm sure of it. Not even saying this is a RTQ problem, more so just a wake and the community problem.

In my opinion this is a huge problem. You think UGA has the local fair and two restaurants as their NIL players. Every damn mom and pop store, every company around there is making donations to them I'm sure of it. Not even saying this is a RTQ problem, more so just a wake and the community problem.
It's not just a WF issue. the vast majority of collectives right now are 80-85% funded by "major donors"

Theres 2 more buckets that need filling. 1. Memberships and 2. Local businesses. Working on changing that. Have engaged multiple local players and are working to get them involved.

It's not just a WF issue. the vast majority of collectives right now are 80-85% funded by "major donors"

Theres 2 more buckets that need filling. 1. Memberships and 2. Local businesses. Working on changing that. Have engaged multiple local players and are working to get them involved.
First off, this is not a criticism. I think you’re doing a good job at something that’s unchartered. How do you reach alums outside of those in the SE? What efforts have been made and are there ideas to move that along?

First off, this is not a criticism. I think you’re doing a good job at something that’s unchartered. How do you reach alums outside of those in the SE? What efforts have been made and are there ideas to move that along?
Thank you! Wasn't taken as such! Right now, to reach alums outside of those in the SE/those that can attend WF events, the efforts have been primarily via social / digital. Also in the works are a number of virtual opportunities to interact with members that may not be "local."

We've certainly considered running events outside the SE. It just has to make sense - both timewise and financially.

You’re saying the “I’m a Fan” campaign didn’t work with the dumbest slogan ever?

Back