• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Time Has Come: #ForbesIN or #ForbesOUT

Should forbes be the 24/25 Demon Deacon Basketball Coach?

• #ForbesIN

Votes: 123 74.5%
  • #ForbesOUT

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • #FreeRJKarl

Votes: 23 13.9%

• Total voters
Ok, gonna call mercy rule and ask to shut this thread down.

The outs got worse than Butlerized!

Last edited:
ForbesIN, i think next year he breaks through and makes the big dance. i still believe in Forbes.

Am Forbes In as long as he hires assistants in the offseason to teach defense and make in game adjustments. Am pretty sure he won’t though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forbes deserves one more year, Do or Die....And don't forget Football. Clawson one more year also...

Forbes and Clawson’s situations are pretty different. With the exception of last year, Clawson generally makes the most of our talent, wins the games he should, and got us to the ACC Championship game. You could argue that Clawson’s stubbornness may have cost a few games but he doesn’t have the same glaring in game coaching weaknesses as Forbes. Coaching football at Wake is also much more difficult than coaching basketball at Wake.

11 of y'all are complete jackasses

eta: refers to the #freeRJKarl voters

Last edited:
If he does, it will be in the NIT.

Haha maybe this year.

Forbes didn't get it done this year, and I have my questions. That said, I see a bright future with him at the helm of our program.

Forbes and Clawson’s situations are pretty different. With the exception of last year, Clawson generally makes the most of our talent, wins the games he should, and got us to the ACC Championship game. You could argue that Clawson’s stubbornness may have cost a few games but he doesn’t have the same glaring in game coaching weaknesses as Forbes. Coaching football at Wake is also much more difficult than coaching basketball at Wake.

Clawson certainly struggles down the stretch of the seasons. The ACCCG season was the exception.

Clawson certainly struggles down the stretch of the seasons. The ACCCG season was the exception.

Even then we were 3-3 over our last 6 games. After starting 8-0.

I love Forbes but at the end of the day it's about making the big dance. Next year dance or find a new coach.

I don't think Forbes will lead Wake basketball to the promised land.

He is a good recruiter (of transfers) and a very nice guy but he is not a top quality coach. When the time comes (not now), it will be hard for Currie to fire him, because doing so will essentially be an admission that Currie made the wrong choice in his first big hire as AD. That is not an easy thing to admit for a man of Currie's ego.

But the worst thing that Currie could do would be to give Forbes a contract extension, because there is no other top 100 program that would be interested in hiring him. Surely Wake learned a painful lesson with the $14M mistake it made with Manning.

#Forbesin is my vote - but without a standout ACCT performance, it is hard to believe he isn't going to be on hot seat lists going into next year. And that feels right and fair. He is certainly a much better coach in every aspect than his three predecessors, but our expectations has to be and should be NCAAT more often than not.

#Forbesin is my vote - but without a standout ACCT performance, it is hard to believe he isn't going to be on hot seat lists going into next year. And that feels right and fair. He is certainly a much better coach in every aspect than his three predecessors, but our expectations has to be and should be NCAAT more often than not.
I don’t see any proof that he is a better coach than Dino. 2 NCAAT appearances in 3 years compared to 0 in 4 years.

Back