• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Time Has Come: #ForbesIN or #ForbesOUT

Should forbes be the 24/25 Demon Deacon Basketball Coach?

• #ForbesIN

Votes: 123 74.5%
  • #ForbesOUT

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • #FreeRJKarl

Votes: 23 13.9%

• Total voters
Guys, just mute him and move on.
Yes, because clearly what this Board needs more of is the "Guys, we are fine because KenPom says the road wins will come, we're a lock for the tournament" that you spouted when I very clearly pointed out our deficiencies that would bite us in the ass after the first NC State game. Keep up the good work.

This would be an easy answer prior to Skip. Now we strive for mediocracy. Thanks Buzz and the Rock.

To split hairs, and perhaps some of you are in this camp, I would say my position is that he should, and will, get another year at Wake.

But I’m not technically #ForbesIn, because that connotes a certain degree of enthusiasm about the whole thing.

I guess I just don’t understand those who want him to get another year but seem pretty certain (at least through my parsing of words) that next year will be more of the same and we’ll fire him then. That’s exactly what happened with the last two dudes. We kept them around even though we knew what was going to happen. My projection is also that he gets another year and that we win around 18-20 games and miss the tourney again.

I think he should get another year with clear expectations about what he needs to accomplish on the floor (e.g., top-4 conference finish + NCAA Tournament) and off the floor (especially on the recruiting trail) to continue. Forbes is like 75% of what I want out of a Wake Forest coach and I'm still hopeful that he's capable of becoming more than that.

@OldGoldBeard's post is better than anything else I could say on the matter, but the key really seems to be expectations from the AD. Wellman made it clear that he just didn't care. Currie doesn't strike me as being that kind of dude.

I would hope that Forbes has the self-awareness to know that the seat is getting warmer and that the expectation of coaching at this level is to make the NCAAT. In fact, I'm hopeful Forbes will tell Currie in April, "Yeah, I know the expectation and that we have to do better." If this has to be point out to him? Well, then, this is about over.

I say give Forbes another year given the off-court drama of this season. But, like many have stated, clear expectations should be provided by Currie.

Agreed. I will never understand the LOWF attitude that we can’t do better than this.
I think it's more that it doesn't make any sense, whatsoever, to fire a coach and hire another one right now. From the optics of his personal situation, to the financial situation, to the fact he has won a shit ton of games the last 3 seasons.

I'm pissed like everyone else, and we SHOULD be a perennial tourney team. But starting over makes no sense right now, looking at it any angle other than 2&2's deranged mind.

More people choosing to have to rj back over firing Forbes today speaks VOLUMES. Mainly about the reactionaries in the fire Forbes now camp.

I think much more notably 15% protested for RJ’d reinstatement. How longer must posters be banished

It has been empirically that RECRUITS READ THE BROADS! Do you think that a recruit seeinga thread like this might scare them from coming here? NAHHHH. Its you and the USUAL SUSPECTS talking down teh PROGRAM that are the problem. not anything Frobes has done! THat is a FACT!

There. That should scratch your rjkarl itch for a minute.

I think the answer lies in the fact that prior to the last 3 games this would not have even been a poll.

I think the answer lies in the fact that prior to the last 3 games this would not have even been a poll.
100% correct. And if we were to win the next 3 (very much doable, as-is losing the next 2), same result.

Back