• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

Curious how others felt but did we really need 1.5 hours for last nights episode? Really felt drug out and unnecessary.

No it was definitely too long.

At least someone definitively died last night, so that's an improvement over the Glen dumpster gaffe.

No it was definitely too long.

At least someone definitively died last night, so that's an improvement over the Glen dumpster gaffe.

we have to wait 6 months to find out. If it turns out to be rosalita or something im done, if im not already. I am sure they did it to see how Reedus' new show does, if it does well, he dies, if not he comes back and they kill off glenn.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it was a thoroughly disappointing episode. Only marginally better than how they did the glen thing.

They took the most iconic moment from the comics and made it laughably bad. That's pretty unforgivable.

terrible.

90 minutes for 10 minutes of story. those extra commercials though! i could have used 100 - 300 more road blocks though.

carol's storyline is awful. she somehow goes from bad ass to not wanting to kill in about 2 minutes of tv time. you don't care that she left her new boy friend. since they got together in between episodes randomly. she does not want to kill anymore so she leaves safety to go out into the world so she does not have to kill. but wait, she takes a gun with her and the first chance to not kill for other people she... wait for it... kills to save herself. but she cries. then morgan catches up and kills to save her. but she does not want to kill. but she did. she wants morgan to let her die but she did not just let the bad guys take her out.

after all that they leave a cliff hanger. another poorly executed cliff hanger. i envision the writer's room something like this

i've got an idea guys. lets fake out everyone with a glenn death cliff hanger and we'll let that sit for a few weeks and BAM! surprise he's not dead.

nice but one is not enough... let's fake out with daryl.

GREAT idea guys everyone pat yourselves on the back.

wait. let's stand in a circle and pat each other's backs.

uh, not to put a damper on the fake out because it's great but there were a lot of people upset with the glenn thing.

what should we do?

well the fake out idea is still great. lets shoe horn a voice over after the fake out that says "he'll be ok."

brilliant. back to the back pats.

what's better than a fake death cliff hanger?

a real death cliff hanger?

yep. we'll force all the action in the entire season to this moment... and we won't give it to them until next season. in fact, lets also say a few times during the episode that we will only kill one of them and it's back to business as usual. right. no tension. i love it.

there is nothing organic about this show. all the action is forced to get to a few set pieces. carol and daryl leave in the same episode but no one knows and all the best fighters leave to bring back two people with a huge bag guy looming out there. now every single fighter from alexandria could be killed. and you know what? they can still take alexandria with fewer fighters.

you are all dumber for having read this post. and we are all dumber for continuing to watch this show.

The amount of clairvoyance it would take to have pulled off the Neegan roundup in that episode made it ridiculous even by Walking Dead standards. Also, instead of "how many walkers have you killed, how many people have you killed" the Neegan question must be "are you amazing at whistling?" It's hard to pull off a truly dark episode with a bunch of borderline silly events, even Carol's "oh, I can't kill anymore, but my machine gun arm can!" nonsense. Ah well, still entertaining, but also seems like a wasted opportunity.

we have to wait 6 months to find out. If it turns out to be rosalita or something im done, if im not already. I am sure they did it to see how Reedus' new show does, if it does well, he dies, if not he comes back and they kill off glenn.

It'll be the lone Alexandrian. I forget his name at the moment, but my money is on him. Get everyone bent out of shape and worried for 6 months, then take the easy road out.

watched the final 10 minutes last night.

so glad i stopped watching this shite

My hometown and friend's business got a little air time. I about fell out of my chair.

sq.jpg

What annoyed me more than anything is they kept climbing out of the winnebego when any idiot would be worried about shooters in the woods, shooters on the bridge right above you, etc... This was Rick's worst strategic moment over and over 3X.

Pretty obvious they are going to kill off the gay guy - the one character you thought - why the fuck is he in the winnebego? Oh yeah, least important characters so as to meet Lucille.

Lame.

What annoyed me more than anything is they kept climbing out of the winnebego when any idiot would be worried about shooters in the woods, shooters on the bridge right above you, etc... This was Rick's worst strategic moment over and over 3X.

Pretty obvious they are going to kill off the gay guy - the one character you thought - why the fuck is he in the winnebego? Oh yeah, least important characters so as to meet Lucille.

Lame.

Lot of unimportant people though. The one girl lost her girlfriend and now has no story, the loser gave them his bullet recipe and now serves no purpose, and the gay guy that I forgot was on the show.

Lame.

They can't kill off 2 gay people in the same season. There would be hell to pay from the gay mafia.

But everything else was spot on. They didn't need to get Maggie to the hilltop that bad. Just turn around and go back. It was obvious they were outmaneuvered. A really dumb moment from Rick, which he didn't realize until it was too late. That makes 2 dumb moments recently-- the other being when he didn't throw a couple molotov cocktails on those walkers in the quarry and save himself the trouble later.

If they end up killing off some shitty character I'm going to laugh. Really, they should kill of Glen to make up for earlier in the season.

I'm the most angry that they took 90 minutes on that episode. Oops, it's a road block. Uh oh. Another road block.

Did you guys consider that they have the same maps as you?

Smart move would have been to turn around and send one or two people back that night and bring the doctor back to you.

If they kill Glenn now then that stupid dumpster episode is even dumber.

Lot of unimportant people though. The one girl lost her girlfriend and now has no story, the loser gave them his bullet recipe and now serves no purpose, and the gay guy that I forgot was on the show.

If they killed all of those, it would justify the cliffhanger. One gets clubbed to death, the rest bumrush Neegan and 3-5 get killed escaping.

Back