• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead Season THREE Thread!!!

I believe they've said that the post-bite fever is what kills you. So whether it's a bite or scratch, once you've got the bug, you get the fever, you die.

I completely went with DeacCav's idea that the wife is pregnant. Not sure why he'd be testing for pregnancy but for the story line, that seemed likely.

Am I the only one who keeps seeing Viggo Mortensen everytime I look at the actor playing Rick?

The problem with it being a pregnancy is the first few moments of season two when Grimes is on the walkie talkie. He's on the verge of telling Morgan what the scientist told him but stops himself. Why would he tell Morgan that his wife is pregnant? It is simply not relevant to that person.

Also, as to the bites being fatal, I don't really have a great answer because I have no medical training. But I can think of a couple guesses. These zombies are necrotic and rancid, their immune systems have probably shut down, their bodies have basically become petri dishes for all kinds of nasty crap. Who knows what exactly they're transferring in the fluid exchange of a bite? If that's not it, maybe the zombie infection takes on a much more potent character post-death when it comes to full maturity in the host body.

The conversation he had with Morgan on the walkie certainly seemed to be soul-searching, looking for personal strength and motivation to keep going on. In telling Morgan how he found things to keep fighting for, I can certainly see revealing his wife being pregnant (and unaware of potential paternity issues) as one major reason to "keep fighting." Plus, Carl getting shot gives you another reason to believe a pregnancy would come into play.

i still think what he didn't want to tell Morgan was that the scientist told him that all the other disease centers were basically out of commission and that no cure was close to being found but he stopped himself so he wouldn't hurt Morgan's spirit.

but now that the pregnancy thing is brought up...I can see that happening. Not that the scientist discovered it while testing her blood but that it will probably be announced in like the season finale.

The problem with it being a pregnancy is the first few moments of season two when Grimes is on the walkie talkie. He's on the verge of telling Morgan what the scientist told him but stops himself. Why would he tell Morgan that his wife is pregnant? It is simply not relevant to that person.

Also, as to the bites being fatal, I don't really have a great answer because I have no medical training. But I can think of a couple guesses. These zombies are necrotic and rancid, their immune systems have probably shut down, their bodies have basically become petri dishes for all kinds of nasty crap. Who knows what exactly they're transferring in the fluid exchange of a bite? If that's not it, maybe the zombie infection takes on a much more potent character post-death when it comes to full maturity in the host body.

I think it's the idea that his best friend knocked up his wife after he'd been "dead" for a month?

She certainly ain't showing yet, she looks like a SS camp survivor.

I always thought the guy told him there was no possible cure.

The only way out of this world is for a person to "survive" the virus.

She certainly ain't showing yet, she looks like a SS camp survivor.

I always thought the guy told him there was no possible cure.

The only way out of this world is for a person to "survive" the virus.

a woman that small might not show until she's almost 5 months.

minus the stupid love triangle thing...a pregnant main character would be an interesting twist.

And def become a huge ball n chain when running from zombs.

Did anyone who watches this show watch Prison Break?

B/C the chick who plays Rick's wife was the lady doctor in that show and was much hotter back then.

I think the convo at the beginning could be pregnancy related. That might be why he didn't say it -- because he reconsidered it being irrelevant to the other person.

I think Rick just needs an outlet. Here he is, leading this group of people including his wife who, in my opinion, is carrying his "best friend's" baby. All they do is shit on him and complain.

Oh hey Rick, did you take off into the woods after my daughter? Did you find her, save her, and tell her to stay there until you came back? Did you then kill two zombies using a rock?

Hey shaved head lady, be a better parent. Maybe if your daughter listened y'all could be back on the road instead of sitting ducks. OH, and Rick's son got shot while looking for your stupid daughter.

I think Rick just needs an outlet. Here he is, leading this group of people including his wife who, in my opinion, is carrying his "best friend's" baby. All they do is shit on him and complain.

Oh hey Rick, did you take off into the woods after my daughter? Did you find her, save her, and tell her to stay there until you came back? Did you then kill two zombies using a rock?

Hey shaved head lady, be a better parent. Maybe if your daughter listened y'all could be back on the road instead of sitting ducks. OH, and Rick's son got shot while looking for your stupid daughter.

haha I agree BUT no amount of good parenting prepares a child for a zombie attack.

haha I agree BUT no amount of good parenting prepares a child for a zombie attack.

Maybe YOU won't have your child(ren) trained...

And it's possible the doctor ran a whole bunch of tests, fertility, pregnancy, etc since a big picture/long-run consideration is the revitalization/repopulation of the Earth.

Count me in the camp that believes the doc said "We were the last center operational...all hope for a cure dies with me" or something along those lines.

Would make sense why Rick would want to share that with walkie-talkie homeboy...and why he would hold it back.

Really hope the dad/son from the Pilot make it back THIS SEASON (surely they will) along with Darryl's brother...who will undoubtedly be leading some gang of thugs.

Maybe YOU won't have your child(ren) trained...

And it's possible the doctor ran a whole bunch of tests, fertility, pregnancy, etc since a big picture/long-run consideration is the revitalization/repopulation of the Earth.

Count me in the camp that believes the doc said "We were the last center operational...all hope for a cure dies with me" or something along those lines.

Would make sense why Rick would want to share that with walkie-talkie homeboy...and why he would hold it back.

Really hope the dad/son from the Pilot make it back THIS SEASON (surely they will) along with Darryl's brother...who will undoubtedly be leading some gang of thugs.

1) If you're facing what they're facing, the doc would've only been interested in diagnosing problem and solving. Repopulating the earth is probably a consideration a little down the road.

2) He told them that France was ahead of them since their people stayed rather than running away (gotta love the subtlety of that notion). He knew that so why would he think he had answers they didn't?

And let's talk about where the hell all the wine came from. It's a high-tech, high-security, medical facility. Why the hell would they keep wine on hand?!?

1) If you're facing what they're facing, the doc would've only been interested in diagnosing problem and solving. Repopulating the earth is probably a consideration a little down the road.

2) He told them that France was ahead of them since their people stayed rather than running away (gotta love the subtlety of that notion). He knew that so why would he think he had answers they didn't?

And let's talk about where the hell all the wine came from. It's a high-tech, high-security, medical facility. Why the hell would they keep wine on hand?!?

1) If he knew there were very few, if any, medical facilities operational, why not run a few extra tests on blood samples he collected?...Doesn't mean they have to get humping immediately....I think it's unlikely, but just throwing it out there as a possibility.

2) I assumed based on the way he phrased things that that was referring to completely functional testing facilities/research stuff...and that it's possible he was working long past when the French gave in.

Same place the kids books and arcade games came from? We have to suspend our notion of reality and accept that this was supposed to be stocked as a research/disease control center as well as a bunker for scientists (and their kids apparently?).

That or they stocked up when they realized they would probably be locking themselves in for a while.

Back