• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

THEE Chat Thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yankees what is there to do in saratoga springs? I'm going to get mrs. diggs tickets to the jazz festival next june for christmas.
Unfortunately you’ll miss the horse races which start in earnest sometime in July. I think it’s the oldest racetrack in America so if you want to take a peek

I assume the jazz fest is at SPAC which is in the nice state park there. There are a bunch of spas there and in town you can check out. The spring water there is the stinky sulfur kind but evidently therapeutic so bathing in it is a thing.

Cute downtown, nice restaurants and shops. Skidmore College there too. One of the best breweries in the NE is opening an outpost there next year too (Treehouse Brewery). They make their own spirits too in case you’re not into beer.

Cooperstown is fun to visit but a little bit far off from Saratoga. Let me try to think of anything else….

They sell electronic gift cards online

would have to pretty wasted and desperate to pay 10% on a physical card

They sell electronic gift cards online

would have to pretty wasted and desperate to pay 10% on a physical card
What means more to that special someone in your life? The soulless digits of an e Gift Card or knowing you took the time to find that physical card, lovingly wrap it and place it in a special spot under the tree?

My wife was kind enough to remind me that I have to finish painting the downstairs by Saturday. I'm wondering why I decided to do this myself when I have a guy.

Unfortunately you’ll miss the horse races which start in earnest sometime in July. I think it’s the oldest racetrack in America so if you want to take a peek

I assume the jazz fest is at SPAC which is in the nice state park there. There are a bunch of spas there and in town you can check out. The spring water there is the stinky sulfur kind but evidently therapeutic so bathing in it is a thing.

Cute downtown, nice restaurants and shops. Skidmore College there too. One of the best breweries in the NE is opening an outpost there next year too (Treehouse Brewery). They make their own spirits too in case you’re not into beer.

Cooperstown is fun to visit but a little bit far off from Saratoga. Let me try to think of anything else….
Good stuff - thank you! Yes the jazz festival is at SPAC. Norah Jones is one of the headliners so that’s my hook for the Christmas gift.

It has been a fun gift tradition. We have seen Adele in NY, Vegas, and London, pink in DC, Michael Buble in San Diego, and Janet Jackson in Miami. And I never have to worry about what to buy.

Can I do my annual anti-Reacher rant again? I know its tiresome, but it's a slow-moving CT and its Friday.

1. Reacher is an MP, so he's a narc. He's not out on the front lines carrying dudes to safety or doing commando missions, he is arresting privates for possessing an ounce of marijuana. Total waste of his size and skills. He likes being a cop in the army, but doesn't want to be a cop anymore after the army? So the only people Reacher ever wanted to arrest were US soldiers.
2. The writing is terrible. Townie will tell you, you want your reader to have light bulb moments where they figure out the subtext on their own, the show does not allow this, it hits you over the head with a sledgehammer time and time again.
3. He is literally never wrong. Never. His deductions are 100% correct every time. Even Sherlock Holmes was wrong once in a while.
4. The portrayal of young people on this show is absolute Boomer fuel, its like cream of wheat for them. It feeds their soul.

I will continue to hate watch Season 2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back