• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

There's a hunger problem on america's campuses

Pell grants are literally the government feeling sorry for you and handing you a check.

You fall for the myth that most of college is the same as when you attended, the right out of high school 4 years and you are on your way. The average college students age is 25, and roughly 40% of college students are 25 and older. Ph I am sure can talk much more about this.

Pell grants are literally the government feeling sorry for you and handing you a check.

That's my point. We are already getting a handout to help. If you are in need (like I was) then there is $5,800 available to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You fall for the myth that most of college is the same as when you attended, the right out of high school 4 years and you are on your way. The average college students age is 25, and roughly 40% of college students are 25 and older. Ph I am sure can talk much more about this.

Full enrollment the average age is 25? I get that if you include part time students. I have a hard time believing that is accurate for full time. Additionally about 40% of students are community colleges which costs on average around 3k per year (meaning if you qualify for pell you make +2500 a year or so by attending.

I understand not all college attendees are traditional but the article is discussing the more traditional student.

Every basketball ticket had a $3 off any Hanes mall eatery coupon on the back. I figured out they did not put 'limit 1 coupon per customer per visit' so basically every used basketball ticket was a $3 bill at any mall eatery. After every game I would go around with a Manila envelope and collect used tickets. Would usually gather around 200-300 a game.

Restaurants loved it because it was cash to them. I tipped with the money. Bought gift cards with the money. I literally ate at the mall 5-6 times a week. Stocked my dorm room with Olive Garden wine, and still had about $1000 worth of gift cards when I graduated.

Slick!

Please remove ph's elongated sack from your mouth

BKF bat signal.

Wrangor, Christ like, turned a loaf of bread into a 4 year campus meal plan.
And he said.... .let there be deacon dollars! I do remember the last couple of months of the school year you could buy meal plan money for cents on the dollar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wrangor, Christ like, turned a loaf of bread into a 4 year campus meal plan.

Well done.

I work at a university and the food prices are higher than they would be off campus. And coupons don't work at our Aramark franchised restaurants.

Smartphone is pretty damn important especially for students balancing family, work, and school.

Wake to get rid of the laptops, offer free bootstraps (made in China, sry)

PROBLEM SOLVED

PizzaSmall.gif

Back