• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Three UNC/NCState students killed by gunman

Okay, so a turn towards the bizarre...police are saying an ongoing parking dispute may have led to the shootings.

Parking.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/02/10/4545775/three-people-shot-dead-in-chapel.html

[h=5]Craig Hicks
[/h]January 11 at 9:41pm ·

It is official, I am a grumpy old man. I now am sure of this, as when I saw a couple having sex in their vehicle in my parking lot a little bit ago instead of just ignoring it I called Chapel Hills finest on them.

What a tragedy! Deah 's video promoting Project Refugee Smiles underscores what a tremendous loss this is. Access through N and O link above.

Wow. As someone whose stepmom, sisters, and boss who I travel with frequently are Muslim this is very unsettling. It blows my mind something as simple as religious preference can cause another to want to do you harm.

Hopefully it turns out this was not a religiously driven tragedy.

[h=5]Craig Hicks
[/h]January 11 at 9:41pm ·

It is official, I am a grumpy old man. I now am sure of this, as when I saw a couple having sex in their vehicle in my parking lot a little bit ago instead of just ignoring it I called Chapel Hills finest on them.

Choices:
A) Ignore it
B) Call Police
C) Crack open a brew and enjoy the performance

Link for a donation for Syrian Dental Relief that one of the victims was organizing. Up over 52K now.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/syrian-dental-relief/206249#.VNtO_Oaw-Uk.facebook

40 minutes later, it is over $60k.

This picture is crushing.

resize

Family is pushing back against the "parking rage" issue. Apparently it was deeper than that...

Craig Hicks

January 11 at 9:41pm ·

were they PORKing through a hole in a sheet?

those filthy commies got what they deserved

#cokedoutchristians4christ

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/11/5508217/victims-father-says-chapel-hill.html

“It was execution style, a bullet in every head,” Abu-Salha said Wednesday morning. “This was not a dispute over a parking space; this was a hate crime. This man had picked on my daughter and her husband a couple of times before, and he talked with them with his gun in his belt. And they were uncomfortable with him, but they did not know he would go this far.”

Abu-Salha said his daughter who lived next door to Hicks wore a Muslim head scarf and told her family a week ago that she had “a hateful neighbor.”

Why did this asshole turn himself in to Chatham County police in Pittsboro? Obviously not the biggest problem here, but are the cops in your town or county (which happens to be Durham County in this case) not good enough?

Back