• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger King Mafia - Starring Joe Schreibvogel - GAME - CIVS!

were you ever even considering hitting me or could I have made an endgame as an unclaimed cop

I want to say it was D3, I asked rommy directly "could gooner be the cop." and rommy replied "he could definitely be the cop." Then someone else said something else and I'm not sure your name was ever raised again.

I think making the last mafia a traitor tilted the balance a little towards the town. However seeing if we just jailed gooner, he lost power is an interesting twist. Basically incompetence killed our chances. Eaglez was almost good enough to overcome our incompetence.

Not sure if I said this already, but Eaglez was also crazy busy and all those calls were legit. Made his effort even more impressive.

I think it's hard to evaluate, but I can't imagine this was imbalanced toward the town. You guys had really bad luck d1/n1; that doesn't mean balance was off. You had really high level powers that were probably worth an additional goon, maybe even 2.

I think it's hard to evaluate, but I can't imagine this was imbalanced toward the town. You guys had really bad luck d1/n1; that doesn't mean balance was off. You had really high level powers that were probably worth an additional goon, maybe even 2.

When you saw the discussions after I died, most assumed there were 2 mafia left for balance. I'm not saying it was way off, it wasn't but if eaglez is anyone else, this game would have ended much sooner. I think just making the traitor a goon would have likely been correct. There were so many machinations in play (goon getting stripped, numbers being a suicide bomber, knight would have stepped into your place as a BG had he lived). We were all pretty convinced knight was a special and he was getting hit. I believe gouda and GAT got mentions but it came down to ryala and me pushing for you to go. You had that overly feisty tone that had me thinking you were going to come after eaglez early.

Bym was the night three “no result” just the way you treat investigations on a jailed player?

bym was agonizing over this in dead chat, but I think we all came to the conclusion that, according to his page 1 ruleset, he did it correctly. We probably need to come to a board consensus on how jailers work.

They were throwing anything at the wall to last another day.

Also, I firmly believe that you can't hit and use a power in the same night.

I didn't feel bad for Eaglez. It was in his role.

It was in his role and I don't fault you but it definitely hamstrung him. Maybe consider relaxing that rule when you are the last player left. It's left him with a very difficult decision, jail and claim blocked hit but clear a player and have to survive an additional day round or try a fake claim of RB (I suggested he play dumb and say he jailed whoever died and didn't know what happened, maybe they had another blockbuster hit). Either way, it was going to put him in a bad spot.

bym was agonizing over this in dead chat, but I think we all came to the conclusion that, according to his page 1 ruleset, he did it correctly. We probably need to come to a board consensus on how jailers work.

In my games, jailing will remove someone from consideration pretty much everything save a strongman hit.

Parlay and rommy both read pretty convincingly mafia after day 3/4 (or at the least not vanilla civ)

I can fully admit that I got paranoid and it got in my head. I knew it and couldn't do a thing about it. I was convinced the cop had me and was waiting for me to give up info. Totally froze me. The last 2 days I was alive, I typed up and deleted double digit posts. I'm not good as mafia and it's always a matter of time til I give it away.

In my games, jailing will remove someone from consideration pretty much everything save a strongman hit.

That makes the role much stronger for mafia and weaker for civs. I think thats the wrong way to role it, but it would be your game, so no worries.

That makes the role much stronger for mafia and weaker for civs. I think thats the wrong way to role it, but it would be your game, so no worries.

I'd go as far as saying it would be an -ev role as a civ. You can't block mafia without the potential of messing up the cops investigation, so your only real goal would be to try and jail a mafia member the cop isnt investigating, or to 100% to try block hits by jailing civs, which would remove at least 50% of the value of a jailer. Wasting a night of a cop investigation is a massive power for mafia, and a horrible power for civ.

LOfuckingL

TY bym - although this game brought me back to reality off last week's high.

Sorry for investigating you, but when it came back mafia I was legit like "whoa, that was seriously unexpected"

I'd go as far as saying it would be an -ev role as a civ. You can't block mafia without the potential of messing up the cops investigation, so your only real goal would be to try and jail a mafia member the cop isnt investigating, or to 100% to try block hits by jailing civs, which would remove at least 50% of the value of a jailer. Wasting a night of a cop investigation is a massive power for mafia, and a horrible power for civ.

It essentially makes it a far worse version of a bodyguard/angel in that it RBs civs and makes normal mafia into pseudo-GFs

It essentially makes it a far worse version of a bodyguard/angel in that it RBs civs and makes normal mafia into pseudo-GFs

agree with this. i think the "normal" version of the role should be the player can still be investigated. it's a combo angel+rb, it's not taking someone out of town like a commuter role.

i also hate godfathers and any cop investigation interference in general so

It was in his role and I don't fault you but it definitely hamstrung him. Maybe consider relaxing that rule when you are the last player left. It's left him with a very difficult decision, jail and claim blocked hit but clear a player and have to survive an additional day round or try a fake claim of RB (I suggested he play dumb and say he jailed whoever died and didn't know what happened, maybe they had another blockbuster hit). Either way, it was going to put him in a bad spot.

I think that’s part of the power consideration though (or should be). Almost every game I’ve played where you’ve had a role that used RB as a component includes the provision that you can’t hit and use the power.

For whatever it’s worth (little) I think I’ve always let mafia hitters double up actions unless it’s something like a particular strongman kill. Your independent power is different than generic mafia hit.

I think if the jailer removes target from game, it just means it can’t be done every round.

I at least have something to think about.

i was shocked you weren't the cop. you didn't mention tejas or qt one single time in any of your posts and just flat went "civ" next to each of them. i thought gooner played well but i had absolutely no thought that he was the cop at any point.

i thought da might be the cop early by being defensive, but then he did the post when mako revealed when he told me he thought he knew what mako was doing but was wrong and it was clear da wasn't the cop at that point.

i think the night we killed you romanov thought qt was the cop and i thought it was you. both wrong. i wasn't around for the sd3/d14 hits. i wasn't in favor of either of them but i forget who i wanted to kill instead the one night (da maybe). i think it came out in the wash because i never had gooner pegged as a civ special.

hardest part in playing as mafia is when you don't have time because of work to be reading. i missed like 18 pages in a row at one point with my work and had to be in mafia chat like uh what happened the last 90 mins, thanks.

Just quit your job and go pro in mafia imo

My boss just took away 1/3rd of my workload because I had "too many projects."

I've played like 20 hours of war thunder this week and quite a bit of mafia. And watched tiger king and a season of some other garbage on netflix.

You need a job like me

Great effort from eagles. Has to be hard to concentrate with rommy and redwing both licking his sack.

I didn't used to be that guy. Me from 10 years ago would be ashamed I wasn't voting Eagles from around Day 4 or so, just because it was Eagles. Even though I was saying in thread to not consider the setup of the game, I still was completely sold on there being two mafia left. I couldn't figure out anyway that Eagles was working with someone else, but never considered that he was alone. That's why when Nonny asked about Eagles, I said I'd only consider him on the last day.

Sorry for being a dick to you redwing about masons. I just think that if you’re a confirmed civ and mason you a) always vote together once openly confirmed and b) don’t vote for someone not on the bloc with 30 minutes left out of frustration.

Generally I agree with you on the first point, and I did tell GM to switch when I did, but she was busy with work at that moment. That was unfortunate, but ultimately didn't change anything, since mafia was lynched even without her switch. The second point was a bit of a lark, as you were being pretty aggressively shitty at that point. Even aside from the comments about me, no one was giving you any serious consideration but you were still trying to clear yourself. If you really wanted mafia to hit you (not that they would have anyway, given they figured out your full role early), you should have been happy that no one was bringing you up as a lynch candidate and focused on being more of a threat to mafia. I knew I was going to be around, and everyone should have known that I was not seriously going to leave my vote on you. Ultimately, you seem to get pretty wrapped up in the game, so I didn't take it personally. Appreciate the apology, though.

Back