• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tinder and the Dawn of the “Dating Apocalypse”

The dream team of plama and wfcatamount...let's hear it y'all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ing-your-dating-life_55e07f99e4b0c818f6178e58

Ladies, the gender ratio is affecting your dating life as you age. #realstats

A woman who puts an extremely high priority in getting married should know that every year you’re in the dating market, the numbers get worse for you.

In every other part of life -- in business and politics -- everybody understands the power of the ultimatum. But for some reason, people resist it when it comes to romance. The reality is that an ultimatum creates artificial scarcity in an otherwise abundant marketplace. It makes you want more of what you perceive you may lose.

One of these truisms that you hear in business is that you should never make a decision until you absolutely have to. If you’re a single 35-year-old man in Miami, Chicago or New York, every year the dating market becomes a little bit better for you. Why make a decision about one woman now when you can keep her as an option and continue exploring the market? I feel that the ultimatum is a way to push back against the male desire not to make a decision any sooner than he had to.

You want it to happen naturally and organically, obviously. I get that and I get that what I’m saying is highly non-romantic, but I’m making an argument about what I think works, rather than what makes for the best love story.

chart_women.jpg

I used Tinder for about 4 months after my divorce was final last year and it was a great run for this 40 year old. I mean they were mostly 23-27 year olds so nothing that I would consider long term but definitely a lot of fun! I got tired though since it turned into what one would call work. lol! I travel a lot right now and am trying to move to Atlanta from Jacksonville so hard to settle down with anything so I've tapped into the "Soccer Mom" market that has their kids every other weekend and during week so I only have to hang out on every other weekend.

I used Tinder for about 4 months after my divorce was final last year and it was a great run for this 40 year old. I mean they were mostly 23-27 year olds so nothing that I would consider long term but definitely a lot of fun! I got tired though since it turned into what one would call work. lol! I travel a lot right now and am trying to move to Atlanta from Jacksonville so hard to settle down with anything so I've tapped into the "Soccer Mom" market that has their kids every other weekend and during week so I only have to hang out on every other weekend.

I was about to be concerned about DeacCav's fiancé, but then I realized she's probably too young for you.

met up with an older lawyer earlier this week via bumble, we had mutual friends so it was easy. she picked a place in her hood, solid time. good conversation. she wants to come netflix and chill this weekend so that looks promising.

supposed to meet a first grade teacher tonight for drinks, we'll see. she's cute but lives kinda far out

met up with an older lawyer earlier this week via bumble, we had mutual friends so it was easy. she picked a place in her hood, solid time. good conversation. she wants to come netflix and chill this weekend so that looks promising.

supposed to meet a first grade teacher tonight for drinks, we'll see. she's cute but lives kinda far out

Remember, Netflix and chill is one D from child.

Back