• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TMZ Reports Jameis Winston Being Investigated For Sexual Assault

If he didn't do this, his new team of lawyers should get aggressive with this story. If he did it, they should work behind the scenes to get rid of this story with no charges brought. Even if he did it, there is close to zero chance he'd ever be convicted of a sexual assault when the charges were filed over a year after the incident.

I don't know but it seems like the SoL is prob a year in FL so this is why this is being brought up just under the year.

If she's drunk, she can claim date rape.

I don't know but it seems like the SoL is prob a year in FL so this is why this is being brought up just under the year.

If she's drunk, she can claim date rape.

The gulf between claiming and convicting is vast. Talk to any cop or prosecutor. They hate acquaintance rape cases, especially when there is any delay in either seeking medical attention or pressing charges. One of my friends who is a cop has told me that it's actually a very small percentage of sexual assault/rape complaints that end up in criminal charges. And with acquaintance rape charges even fewer that result in convictions. If Jameis is actually charged after a 1 year gap in time, the cops and prosecutor better have a fantastic explanation.

The gulf between claiming and convicting is vast. Talk to any cop or prosecutor. They hate acquaintance rape cases, especially when there is any delay in either seeking medical attention or pressing charges. One of my friends who is a cop has told me that it's actually a very small percentage of sexual assault/rape complaints that end up in criminal charges. And with acquaintance rape charges even fewer that result in convictions. If Jameis is actually charged after a 1 year gap in time, the cops and prosecutor better have a fantastic explanation.

Exactly but her word against his is enough to get kicked out of school most places. Esp at Wake, prob NOT the case at F$U

Finebaum has already started piling on. This is his chance to get an SEC heisman trophy winner and SEC BCS Champion.

Exactly but her word against his is enough to get kicked out of school most places. Esp at Wake, prob NOT the case at F$U

Apparently not. Ask G$. The system worked exactly as it should have in his case. Neither the Miami PD nor the Wake PD followed up at all after taking her statement as her statement on the face of it was insufficient to infer a crime was committed. Then when she pursued her administrative remedies through the school, that hearing board similarly decided to take no action against G$. You have any substantiation that most schools, including Wake, kick out male students solely upon a female student's allegation, or is your allegation Lectrolike in nature?

Apparently, it was reported to police within two hours. My question is why they sat on this for all this time.

Last edited:
So which booster is writing her the million dollar check this week?

They're going to the title game with Winston. There's 0% chance he gets booted. Too much $$$ on the line.

make no mistake...her word can get you arrested. you need only convince one cop from one of the 5-6 agencies that have jurisdiction over the area. not that hard actually, since to a hammer everything's a nail.

Did the sexual assault occur at a Dillard's?

Because that's the only way this could get better.

Suck it Noles.

Pretty sad that this is a victory for you. And a sad indictment of college athletics that anytime something like this happens involving rival schools, gloating occurs from "fans".

Breion A. ‏@_LifeIsBreezi_ 7 Dec
Ready to get to FL and see my boo http://instagr.am/p/S78zQ6zIRc/
Reply Retweet Favorite More Collapse
5:19 AM - 7 Dec 12 · Details

Tweet from Dec. 7.. I just find it very very hard to believe that Jameis Winston.. 5 star Freshman QB on FSU's football team.. .. would sexually assault a girl the same morning that his girlfriend was coming to visit him. Or that he would have to sexually assault anyone for that matter.

I believe it. We all watched him and his team fuck us up the ass for three quarters. Of course, it didn't help that we did it to ourselves at the same time as well.

make no mistake...her word can get you arrested. you need only convince one cop from one of the 5-6 agencies that have jurisdiction over the area. not that hard actually, since to a hammer everything's a nail.

Not in a high profile case like this. The DA him/herself is going to be involved and a meeting or 2 between the relevant prosecutors and high level cops will take place before anyone goes to a magistrate for an arrest warrant. They don't want any mud on any of their faces and will approach this very carefully. We had a high profile case like this in the county surrounding Cville this past year where a county supervisor was charged with sexual assault. Much investigation and multiple deliberative meetings involving cops and CAs took place before that arrest warrant was issued. It was an acquaintance rape case where the victim did wait something like 12 days before going to the authorities. He most likely wouldn't have been convicted had it gone to trial, but he plead it to a misdemeanor sexual assault charge where his name didn't have to go in a registry and where he had to serve a couple of weekends or something. A trial would have been expensive, and I got the sense that neither side wanted to go through that kind of time, effort and expense - hence the very light plea.

it's amazing to me how quickly people jump to assume it's a trumped up fake charge. the amount of unreported rape cases>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fake rape reports

it's amazing to me how quickly people jump to assume it's a trumped up fake charge. the amount of unreported rape cases>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fake rape reports

I think there would be much less of this if it was handled in December. 11 months later makes people suspicious.

wasn't it reported in december but is just now coming to light? it just disgusts me because these responses are what keep rapes from going unreported at college campuses across the country.

Back