• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TMZ Reports Jameis Winston Being Investigated For Sexual Assault

I think there would be much less of this if it was handled in December. 11 months later makes people suspicious.

Well, from the link:

Law enforcement and other sources tell TMZ ... a woman filed a sexual assault complaint with the Tallahassee PD on December 7, 2012. She claims the alleged sexual assault was committed with the use of "physical force."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jamei...ck-investigated-sexual-assault/#ixzz2keGB11UP

She filed the charges right away.

wasn't it reported in december but is just now coming to light? it just disgusts me because these responses are what keep rapes from going unreported at college campuses across the country.

I agree 1000%. What makes it more depressing is that most everyone on here, including myself, believe that nothing will come of it. Let's just say that I used to be a Steelers fan, but I can never root for that slimeball QB, who I very much believe was a rapist before his improve-my-family-image marriage.

Apparently, it was reported to police within two hours. My question is why they sat on this for all this time.

Heard Mark Schlabach (ESPN CFB reporter) on the radio, and he talked the prosecutor's office, and the police failed to advice of the Tallahassee prosecutor of the Complaint until this week. The prosecutor had no explanation for the delay. Only the prosecutor can decide whether or not to charge Winston.

Heard Mark Schlabach (ESPN CFB reporter) on the radio, and he talked the prosecutor's office, and the police failed to advice of the Tallahassee prosecutor of the Complaint until this week. The prosecutor had no explanation for the delay. Only the prosecutor can decide whether or not to charge Winston.

Cover up?

Cover up?

Maybe but why would they cover up a scout team qb's crime because that is what he was back then. He wasn't even the starter until August and I can't believe that anyone really thought he would blow up this fast. I've been watching him since high school in both sports and had no idea.

The angle that I'm watching is that he was with a group of players and another player committed the crime and he was a main witness. That is more believable to me but I guess we will see.

Not in a high profile case like this. The DA him/herself is going to be involved and a meeting or 2 between the relevant prosecutors and high level cops will take place before anyone goes to a magistrate for an arrest warrant. They don't want any mud on any of their faces and will approach this very carefully. We had a high profile case like this in the county surrounding Cville this past year where a county supervisor was charged with sexual assault. Much investigation and multiple deliberative meetings involving cops and CAs took place before that arrest warrant was issued. It was an acquaintance rape case where the victim did wait something like 12 days before going to the authorities. He most likely wouldn't have been convicted had it gone to trial, but he plead it to a misdemeanor sexual assault charge where his name didn't have to go in a registry and where he had to serve a couple of weekends or something. A trial would have been expensive, and I got the sense that neither side wanted to go through that kind of time, effort and expense - hence the very light plea.

informative +rep

maybe they should take this sort of approach more often.

was this reported to campus police or the municipality originally?

informative +rep

maybe they should take this sort of approach more often.

They do in sexual assault cases. Well, maybe not everyone getting together to make sure all Ts are crossed and Is dotted. But as I wrote earlier, cops don't like acquaintance rape cases. When they investigate them, it's often younger people involved - HS and college kids - and either drugs and alcohol are involved, or the girls parents find out about the sex, are irate and the story becomes the contact was forced. And it's not like you want to put a ton of energy into investigating a case that later stands a good chance of being dropped and has little chance of getting a conviction if it is prosecuted. So acquaintance rape cases don't generally get charged lightly to begin with. Stranger rape, sure, and those convictions often get huge sentences.

Maybe but why would they cover up a scout team qb's crime because that is what he was back then. He wasn't even the starter until August and I can't believe that anyone really thought he would blow up this fast. I've been watching him since high school in both sports and had no idea.

The angle that I'm watching is that he was with a group of players and another player committed the crime and he was a main witness. That is more believable to me but I guess we will see.

Well come on now, scout team QB doesn't begin to describe Winston accurately. He was the #1 QB/#10 player overall per Rivals and widely regarded as a game changer for the program that landed him. Your post makes it sound like he was a 3 star project that turned into a Heisman candidate overnight.

Well come on now, scout team QB doesn't begin to describe Winston accurately. He was the #1 QB/#10 player overall per Rivals and widely regarded as a game changer for the program that landed him. Your post makes it sound like he was a 3 star project that turned into a Heisman candidate overnight.

this. every student in Tallahassee knew who Jameis was. Him throwing the football over the Pike house and then his reaction to EJ getting drafted was all over social media

I just read a couple of new stories on this thing. Very few details. But they knew about this thing in February, and nothing has progressed from an initial report since last Winter?!? As Palma and Bull pointed out, even though Jameis wasn't a national star yet, he was still quite the BMOC. And it sounds like the prosecutor is pointing a finger in the direction of the police dept saying they have to do their job 1st. And if this thing were ever tried, the defense atty would have a field day with her description of 5'9" to 5'11" tops and a different hair style.

I have no idea how things work in FL. Maybe they just took the report and didn't think her statement was worthy of a criminal charge and did nothing further. Or maybe because the accused was a semi-famous athlete and wouldn't cooperate, and the victim wasn't pushing it, they just let it die. I've heard cops complain around here that, unless it's something serious being investigated, that it's like UVA athletes have diplomatic immunity, and it's hard to get to them. And if it's that way here, it's gotta be way worse in college cities like Tallahassee and Tuscaloosa.

He was so famous on campus, yet he is not named in the report. He is also listed at 5'9"-5'11".

If this is the info the girl gave on her attacker, it wasn't Jameis that is makin her famous.

Jameis' lawyer said today they already addressed all the questions the police had and thought it had been put to rest.

Jameis' lawyer said today they already addressed all the questions the police had and thought it had been put to rest.

Here's an idea. Maybe the guy was lying and said he was Jameis to try to bed her, and that's why the physical description is off. Then nothing else ever developed, which is why it was in the dead file cabinet and why Jameis' atty thought it was over. And then some TMZ reporter happens upon it somehow several months later. I'm guessing with an organization like TMZ, they pay decent $$ for whoever turned them onto the story.

Here's an idea. Maybe the guy was lying and said he was Jameis to try to bed her, and that's why the physical description is off. Then nothing else ever developed, which is why it was in the dead file cabinet and why Jameis' atty thought it was over. And then some TMZ reporter happens upon it somehow several months later. I'm guessing with an organization like TMZ, they pay decent $$ for whoever turned them onto the story.
If that was true then the police or his lawyer or the school would come out and say he had been cleared and was not considered a suspect. No way they let this go on if that's what happened.

Is it possible that girls that are 5'0-5'5 don't really know the difference between 5'11 and 6'2 as well as guys do?

This seems like an easy fix if the girl comes forward quickly and they get a warrant for a DNA swab, no? That seems standard and simple in a case where identity is an issue.

if it was reported to FSU police i can see how the investigation into this case would be, uh, lackluster.

Back