• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TMZ Reports Jameis Winston Being Investigated For Sexual Assault

I thought it was given that Jameis had sex with the accuser.

The first talking points were that he didn't match the description of the accused, so I don't think anyone was taking it as a given that he had sex with the accuser. This doesn't prove he assaulted her, but it seems to take the "it wasn't me" defense off the table and make the case solely a case of whether it was consensual (unless there is another person involved as well). Who knows what the supposedly exculpatory affidavits his defense counsel mentioned said - they could have been from witnesses who saw it and said it was consensual - I just don't think we know at this point.

Last edited:
I feel like at this point, I believe that either scenario is equally plausible as I feel like each side is saying exactly what they would say in either scenario.

If the worst case is true and the accuser was told basically she better not press charges against Winston because of this being "a football town" how damaging could it end up being FSU itself? I mean, how many recruits parents are going to want their son go to a school in that town, especially if they also have a daughter. Obviously that's not the important thing in this case, the main thing is justice for the victim if an assault occurred, but if it turns out the accuser was intimidated and the whole thing covered up, then you're getting in Penn State territory. Not to the same extent as Penn State, but at worst in the neighborhood.

I thought it was given that Jameis had sex with the accuser.

I think it was. The more significant takeaway from this evidence for me is that a rape kit was apparently done within hours of the alleged assault, so if the accuser had injuries consistent with assault, that will be documented. This is not a case where it was reported a few days later and the police/medical professionals aren't able to get evidence to document/rule out assault.

I think it was. The more significant takeaway from this evidence for me is that a rape kit was apparently done within hours of the alleged assault, so if the accuser had injuries consistent with assault, that will be documented. This is not a case where it was reported a few days later and the police/medical professionals aren't able to get evidence to document/rule out assault.

Yeah they were making that point on Mike and Mike a minute ago, since there is record of DNA, she reported this almost immediately and a rape examination was done.

If Winston gets charged and suspended, they better fix the BCS rankings so Bama doesn't get a free pass two years in a row.

If Winston gets charged and suspended, they better fix the BCS rankings so Bama doesn't get a free pass two years in a row.

bama baylor would be a fun game. bama osu would be a blow out.

fsu easily beats idaho without winston, florida would be close, but i think they still win, and they easily beat duke. so possibility exists that fsu goes undefeated without winston, but then up to bcs computers.

If the worst case is true and the accuser was told basically she better not press charges against Winston because of this being "a football town" how damaging could it end up being FSU itself? I mean, how many recruits parents are going to want their son go to a school in that town, especially if they also have a daughter. Obviously that's not the important thing in this case, the main thing is justice for the victim if an assault occurred, but if it turns out the accuser was intimidated and the whole thing covered up, then you're getting in Penn State territory. Not to the same extent as Penn State, but at worst in the neighborhood.

If your kid is going to FSU, that means his other options are likely Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. It's not like everybody doesn't already know that the same shit is going on at those schools as well. Hell, it goes on in most major high school football towns.

If your kid is going to FSU, that means his other options are likely Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. It's not like everybody doesn't already know that the same shit is going on at those schools as well. Hell, it goes on in most major high school football towns.

Yeah, but right now FSU is the one in the news and if it goes as bad as it could go, then it would have to have some effect.

He never denied to the police having had sex with her. The police have 2 statements in Jameis's favor from witnesses, one from a football player. The other? The girl's roommate.

Last edited:
The police have 2 statements in Jameis's favor from witnesses, one from a football player. The other? The girl's roommate.

Where did you see that one of them was from the girl's roommate?

It depends on what's said in those affidavits. I'm assuming neither party was actually there when it happened, so if all they're saying is that they saw the two of them together all night and they were hanging out and looked to be intimate, I don't think that changes anything. Now, if the girl's roommate said that the victim came back AFTER the incident and was talking about how big Jameis' dick was or something like that...then, it's a whole different story.

So this is a basically a he/she said with the Tallahassee and F$U police doing their best to make it all go away?

Not good for Jameis.

Except for the part where she got a rape kit done and went to police within two hours of the event?

Except for the part where she got a rape kit done and went to police within two hours of the event?

That's the kicker right there, what were the results of the rape kit? If it shows injuries to the accuser, Jameis is in big trouble.

10:35 a.m.

Defense attorney Tim Jansen held a news conference this morning on the third floor of the Leon County Courthouse to denounce leaks in the sexual-battery case that includes his client, FSU star quarterback Jameis Winston.

Jansen told reporters Winston voluntarily provided a swab for DNA last Thursday. The DNA swab was taken on campus, with a Tallahassee Police Department investigator conducting the test.

Jansen said he has not seen the results of that DNA test. However, Jansen said reports from ESPN that Winston’s DNA was matched with evidence taken from the victim following the Dec. 7, 2012, incident did not surprise him.

Jansen said he was outraged by the leak and it harmed his client’s reputation. He said the leak must have come from TPD, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement or the State Attorney’s Office.

FDLE Commissioner Gerald Bailey earlier today confirmed his agency conducted the DNA-matching test – without detailing its findings – and forwarded those conclusions to TPD and State Attorney Willie Meggs office.

He continued to maintain that his client had done nothing wrong. He said Winston would be exonerated, in part because of the accounts of what he said were two eyewitnesses. Jansen said DNA was collected from one of those witnesses as well.
Jansen would not comment on whether Winston and the complainant in the case knew each other before Dec. 7, 2012.
The two witnesses are Winston's teammate and the girl's roommate?

Back