• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Official Pit Dynasty Fantasy Football League Thread

Did tic forget there’s 18 weeks in the season now?
No, I get that. But some teams have stuff locked up Week 17 now. Having a 2 week buffer from end of season is better than 1, imo.

If anybody ever drops out of this dynasty league then I would be more than happy to take a team over - just putting that out into the world moving forward over the next 5 years.

The beauty of it is if I need to clear up space for some reason I can probably just drop him and then re add him and we're right back where we started. I may need to do that when I trade for Devito for $35 waiver dollars

I'll take on a co-manager role if you can administratively add me. Not sure how much help I'll be this year based on what I've read from your texts, but we can look to the future together!

@Wakeforest22890 you've been getting outside consulting this whole season and you're still almost dead last? Two minds clearly are better than one.

I just send 6 texts in a row to Doofus about how we're SURELY going to be better NEXT week and then I keep losing so I don't know if there's been any real brain trust

Thought I'd give a recap of the fantasy season thus far, to the dozens of Pit posters that surely care about this dynasty fantasy football league that they aren't in. Here we go with an overall summary of where things stand:

Current standings (through Week 12):

1. @deacon14 : 9-3; 1644.2 Points For (PF); 100-32 All Play Record
2. @JamesSokolove : 8-4; 1623.55 PF; 86-46 All Play
3. @YoungBuck95 : 7-5; 1479.2 PF; 62-70 All Play
4. @BarcaDeac : 7-5; 1470.95 PF; 73-59 All Play
5. @mako1331 : 6-6; 1521.15 PF; 65-67 All Play
6. @TripleDeacon : 6-6; 1472.25 PF; 67-65 All Play
7. @Gooner : 5-7; 1510.4 PF; 71-61 All Play
8. @BigTreeDeac : 5-7; 1452.5 PF; 65-67 All Play
9. @Ghostsurfer : 5-7; 1436.9 PF; 61-71 All Play
10. @Wakeforest22890 : 5-7; 1434.4 PF; 58-74 All Play
11. @tic : 5-7; 1268.4 PF; 37-95 All Play
12. @Satan : 4-8; 1291.9 PF; 47-85 All Play

These standings do not include PF for tonight (but do for the rest of Week 12), and the All Play record is based on projected final scoring for Week 12. There are no Week 12 matchups below 99% win expectancy for one side, so records are updated through Week 12.

Starting from the top, Edarem and D14 are firmly positioned in the necessary top 6 to make the playoffs. Furthermore, these are the teams that are by far the most likely to receive the top 2 seeds and a playoff bye. Neither team is likely to be caught up in a PF playoff tiebreaker, so the only possibility of either losing the bye is Edarem losing out and going 8-6 while a 9-5 team jumps him. Getting to the next tier, Youngbuck and Barca are both sitting at 7-5 and fairly likely to make the playoffs. However, a 7-7 finish could result in real jeopardy to miss the playoffs for either squad, as both could potentially be beaten in a PF tiebreaker by multiple teams that currently trail them. Rounding out the teams currently in playoff positioning are Mako and Triple, both at 6-6. Both teams have been close to the middle of the pack all season, as evidenced by their PF and All Play records. They’ll need at least one more win to have a shot at this year’s playoffs, with two wins guaranteeing their place.

Moving to the teams currently out of playoff contention, there is a mad scramble of 4 teams (Gooner, BigTree, Ghost, and Numbers) that are currently 5-7 and would love to sneak their way into the playoffs. Special shout out here to Gooner, who would be 6-6 with a Week 12 win over Barca were it not for the Flowers rushing TD to ice SNF for the Ravens. Alas, these 4 fantasy teams are now in must-win territory, as their only reasonable hope at the playoffs is found in a 7-7 record and a high enough points total to win a likely incoming tiebreaker. Moving to the out of contention teams, tic and Satan are both looking ahead to 2024. Tic has completed a full teardown of his squad through trades (more on this later), so even at 5-7 his playoff case is both hopeless and not desired. Meanwhile, Satan has put up a well-fought effort, but 2023 just didn’t go his way.

(continued in next post)

Last edited:
Now, I’ll give a quick recap on each team, including in-season moves that were made and important players to highlight:

D14: My season has not been what I planned, and involved a mid-season push to pivot from a potentially future-facing team to one that could win it all in 2023. The team is led by first round pick Jalen Hurts, and features youngsters and fantasy breakout players such as Jahmyr Gibbs, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Kyren Williams, and Jordan Addison. The big move was to acquire Tua Tagovailoa midseason, which gives this squad a QB duo that is unrivaled by nearly anyone.

Significant mid-season trades:
Give: Derek Carr ; Get: 2024 1st, 2025 3rd
Give: Mac Jones, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd ; Get: Tua Tagovailoa
Give: Justice Hill, 2024 3rd ; Get: Khalil Herbert

Edarem: Edarem drafted a win-now team and the plan remains to win now. Even though first round pick QB Justin Fields missed 4 games, the rest of the squad has rolled through a lot of the competition. Current stars of the team include CMC, David Montgomery, Derrick Henry, Saquon Barkley, DK Metcalf, and Sam Howell. Some dynasty managers would be too afraid to build a team around the RB position the way that Edarem has, but if you’re going to do it you better be a winning team, and that’s unquestionably what he is.

Give: Kadarious Toney ; Get: Joshua Kelley, 2024 4th

YoungBuck: Things looked dead in the water for YoungBuck after falling to 2-5 in Week 7, and after 5 straight wins here he is at 7-5. Things started out rough, losing Aaron Rodgers nearly immediately, and the trade for Derek Carr didn’t as much to stabilize the ship as YB hoped. Slowly but surely however, his team’s stars began to produce and he started to win. Current stars of the team include: Bijan Robinson, JaMarr Chase, Rhamondre Stevenson, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, and Mike Evans. YB hopes for Arthur Smith to be fired everyday, but until then his squad has managed to put itself in playoff contention anyways.

Give: 2024 1st, 2025 3rd ; Get: Derek Carr
Give: Jaylen Warren ; Get: Dameon Pierce

Barca: Barca’s story may be the opposite of YoungBuck’s. He started off hot, with a 6-2 record and eyes towards a playoff bye, but after losing 3 straight he sat at 6-5 going into Week 12. A Zay Flowers miracle propelled him to a win in a low-scoring Week 12 affair with Gooner, and he now can feel decent about his playoff odds. However, he probably wishes his QB1 was someone other than Bryce Young who has had a rocky rookie year, and the Kirk Cousins injury was a huge blow. Other current stars on the team include: Travis Etienne, AJ Brown, George Kittle, and Tyreek Hill. Any team with AJ Brown and Tyreek Hill is going to compete in 2023, but uneven QB play is a big concern here.

Give: 2024 1st, Taysom Hill ; Get: Mac Jones, Leonard Fournette, 2024 2nd

Mako: Thankfully for mako, it would have been tough to auto-draft 3 defenses in a league with no defenses and 8 hours per pick. Mako’s team features a lot of young players that fantasy dynasty players coveted prior to this season, including Breece Hall, Kenneth Walker, Dalton Kincaid, Drake London, and Quentin Johnston. Some of those worked out quite well and others are picks that mako would like back, but that’s how it goes when you draft youth and chase upside. Regardless, mako’s team has been stabilized by veterans such as Justin Herbert, Keenan Allen, and Raheem Mostert, and mako is absolutely a team that could win it all. The Herbert/Allen stack is particularly terrifying in the playoffs, where a multi-TD day between those teammates could knock any other team in this league right out of the playoffs.

I’m not sure mako is aware that trading is allowed in this league.

Triple: With the 6th highest PF total and a 67-65 All Play record, Triple’s team is dead in the middle of this league. Going into Week 12, Triple was on a 4 game losing streak and in serious danger of falling right out of the playoffs. Thankfully, he got a cupcake matchup against tic and won easily, allowing him to keep his playoff spot. Triple’s team is led by the QB trio of Trevor Lawrence/ Geno Smith/ Matt Stafford, which many teams are envious of in this superflex league. Other players of note include: Josh Jacobs, DJ Moore, Garrett Wilson, Mark Andrews (RIP), and James Conner. Triple has to face numbers and myself in the final two weeks, and he needs to win at least one of them to solidify his playoff spot.

Triple has also not made any in-season trades, although he did make a trade with start-up picks during the draft.

Gooner: The Commissioner himself. It’s been a frustrating season for Gooner, who has the PF and All Play Record of a team that would expect to be on the right side of the playoff bubble. He’s certainly not out of contention yet, but that Zay Flowers TD dropping him from 6-6 to 5-7 may prove costly. To add insult to injury, his max PF is very high (thanks Achane), so if he misses the playoffs the 1.05 or 1.06 is almost assuredly his. Gooner’s squad is full of promising young players, particularly WRs, so his dynasty future is still reasonably bright regardless of the 2023 playoffs. Players of note: Joe Burrow, Amon-Ra St-Brown, Puka Nacua, Michael Pittman, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Jared Goff, Brock Purdy, DeVon Achane, James Cook.

Give: Tee Higgins ; Get: Brock Purdy

BigTree: I think it’s fair to say that BigTree drafted a team that was built to win immediately, but that’s not really the way that it’s gone through 12 games. Old veterans are scattered through this lineup including: Austin Ekeler, Davante Adams, Travis Kelce, Joe Mixon, and Terry McLaurin. Unfortunately, that hasn’t been enough to prevent BigTree from falling to the wrong side of the playoff bubble through Week 12. Any team that got to take Patrick Mahomes 1.01 is going to be in contention for more than a single season, but I’m sure BigTree would prefer to find his way into the playoffs now and let his veteran stars try to win him a championship in 2023.

Give: 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, Jalin Hyatt ; Get: Jordan Love, Mike Williams, Justyn Ross, 2024 4th

Ghost: Here is another case of a team that started off promising (at 4-2), and has found themselves in a losing streak (5 in a row headed to Week 12). At 4-7 Week 12 was a must-win, and Ghost found a way to beat mako. With that win he isn’t eliminated yet, but he’s going to need to win the next two as well. Ghost’s team is led by dynasty stars such as Josh Allen, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Brandon Aiyuk, and Tony Pollard, but Daniel Jones missing so many games has been a huge blow to a team without a reliable 3rd QB. Whether or not he squeaks into the 2023 playoffs, Ghost has a great core of young WRs that should carry his team moving forward.

Ghost hasn’t made any trades to this point.

Numbers: Numbers may be the fantasy team with the most hope and determination I’ve ever seen. After starting 2-6, most fantasy managers would be starting a fire sale, but Numbers has stayed the course and now sits at 5-7, with what could have easily been 6-6 without taking a Week 12 loss in a high scoring affair with D14. Once you look at the roster, you immediately understand the slow start, as Jonathan Taylor and Kyler Murray were unavailable to begin the season. Rookies CJ Stroud and Sam LaPorta look to be fantastic picks, and Justin Jefferson is the best non-QB player in fantasy when he’s healthy. So, this is a dynasty team that is now capable of winning any given week, but he’s going to need quite a bit of help to make that happen in the 2023 playoffs with a 5-7 record and low PF total.

Give: Dameon Pierce ; Get: Jaylen Warren

Tic: If you wanted me to give in-depth recaps of all of tic’s moves, I could write another 1000 words. Tic realized at some point early on this season that it simply wasn’t going to be his year, with losses of Nick Chubb, JK Dobbins, and Anthony Richardson absolutely demoralizing the squad. So he decided to blow it up and look to the future, and by selling off Tua, Jordan Love, and Mac Jones he has amassed a staggering 4 2024 1st round rookie picks. So while those rookie additions are on the way, current stars of this team include: CeeDee Lamb, Anthony Richardson, Stefon Diggs, and… Keaton Mitchell? Tommy DeVito?

Give: Jordan Love, Mike Williams, Justyn Ross, 2024 4th ; Get: 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, Jalin Hyatt
Give: Tua Tagovailoa ; Get: Mac Jones, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd
Give: Mac Jones, Leonard Fournette, 2024 2nd ; Get: 2024 1st, Taysom Hill
Give: Khalil Herbert ; Get: Justice Hill, 2024 3rd

Satan: While tic’s squad at this point in time is undoubtedly the worst, Satan is the one bringing up the rear in terms of 2023 record through Week 12. Satan prioritized the QB position in the draft, bringing home Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson, and Brock Purdy, and the Watson disappointing year has been a major blow. Rounds 3-5 of the startup for Satan were Kyle Pitts, Cooper Kupp, and Najee Harris, and that’s really where the demise of his 2023 chances lie. With all of that said, QB is the toughest thing to find in a dynasty superflex league, and Satan has his guy in Lamar Jackson, and there’s still hope DeShaun Watson finds his form again. Other players of note here are Isaih Pacheco, Tee Higgins, Joshua Dobbs, and DeAndre Hopkins.

Give: Brock Purdy ; Get: Tee Higgins

(continued)

Last edited:
Week 13 Matchups of Note:

Numbers (5-7) vs Triple (6-6)

It’s not quite a must-win for Triple yet, but it absolutely is for numbers who would be eliminated with a loss. Josh Jacobs and DJ Moore are on bye for Triple, which may make it a difficult week for his team.​

Gooner (5-7) vs Ghost (5-7)

This is a must-win for both sides, with one team facing an elimination with a loss. Ghost has Josh Allen on bye and only Dorian Thompson-Robinson to plug in as a QB, who may miss the week with an injury. Expect it to be a busy week in trade talks/waiver decisions for Ghost. Gooner has James Cook on bye, but is otherwise good to go.​

Mako (6-6) vs Barca (7-5)

Neither team can be eliminated here, but a win would go a LONG way. Mako’s team losing results in a must-win Week 14, whereas Barca wants that 8th win to avoid tiebreaker scenarios. Kincaid is on bye for mako, and Flowers is on bye for Barca, so both squads are relatively close to full strength for this one.​

YoungBuck (7-5) vs BigTree (5-7)

It’s last call for BigTree, who absolutely has to beat a surging YoungBuck to keep the playoff dream alive. Youngbuck would like that 8th win here to put any doubts about his playoff surge to bed. YB needs Goedert back from injury to replace bye-week Cole Kmet, and BigTree is facing this matchup without Davante Adams or Alexander Mattison.​

So that’s the league. Trade deadline is Week 13, so there’s still the potential for some more moving pieces if teams on the bubble decide to make a push or decide to give up and sell. Sorry to anyone that feels I did not do their squad justice in my write-up, but hopefully this was an entertaining summary of the Pit Dynasty League.

Now, I’ll give a quick recap on each team, including in-season moves that were made and important players to highlight:

D14: My season has not been what I planned, and involved a mid-season push to pivot from a potentially future-facing team to one that could win it all in 2023. The team is led by first round pick Jalen Hurts, and features youngsters and fantasy breakout players such as Jahmyr Gibbs, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Kyren Williams, and Jordan Addison. The big move was to acquire Tua Tagovailoa midseason, which gives this squad a QB duo that is unrivaled by nearly anyone.

Give: Derek Carr ; Get: 2024 1st, 2025 3rd
Give: Mac Jones, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd ; Get: Tua Tagovailoa
Give: Justice Hill, 2024 3rd ; Get: Khalil Herbert

Edarem: Edarem drafted a win-now team and the plan remains to win now. Even though first round pick QB Justin Fields missed 4 games, the rest of the squad has rolled through a lot of the competition. Current stars of the team include CMC, David Montgomery, Derrick Henry, Saquon Barkley, DK Metcalf, and Sam Howell. Some dynasty managers would be too afraid to build a team around the RB position the way that Edarem has, but if you’re going to do it you better be a winning team, and that’s unquestionably what he is.

Give: Kadarious Toney ; Get: Joshua Kelley, 2024 4th

YoungBuck: Things looked dead in the water for YoungBuck after falling to 2-5 in Week 7, and after 5 straight wins here he is at 7-5. Things started out rough, losing Aaron Rodgers nearly immediately, and the trade for Derek Carr didn’t as much to stabilize the ship as YB hoped. Slowly but surely however, his team’s stars began to produce and he started to win. Current stars of the team include: Bijan Robinson, JaMarr Chase, Rhamondre Stevenson, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, and Mike Evans. YB hopes for Arthur Smith to be fired everyday, but until then his squad has managed to put itself in playoff contention anyways.

Give: 2024 1st, 2025 3rd ; Get: Derek Carr
Give: Jaylen Warren ; Get: Dameon Pierce

Barca: Barca’s story may be the opposite of YoungBuck’s. He started off hot, with a 6-2 record and eyes towards a playoff bye, but after losing 3 straight he sat at 6-5 going into Week 12. A Zay Flowers miracle propelled him to a win in a low-scoring Week 12 affair with Gooner, and he now can feel decent about his playoff odds. However, he probably wishes his QB1 was someone other than Bryce Young who has had a rocky rookie year, and the Kirk Cousins injury was a huge blow. Other current stars on the team include: Travis Etienne, AJ Brown, George Kittle, and Tyreek Hill. Any team with AJ Brown and Tyreek Hill is going to compete in 2023, but uneven QB play is a big concern here.

Give: 2024 1st, Taysom Hill ; Get: Mac Jones, Leonard Fournette, 2024 2nd

Mako: Thankfully for mako, it would have been tough to auto-draft 3 defenses in a league with no defenses and 8 hours per pick. Mako’s team features a lot of young players that fantasy dynasty players coveted prior to this season, including Breece Hall, Kenneth Walker, Dalton Kincaid, Drake London, and Quentin Johnston. Some of those worked out quite well and others are picks that mako would like back, but that’s how it goes when you draft youth and chase upside. Regardless, mako’s team has been stabilized by veterans such as Justin Herbert, Keenan Allen, and Raheem Mostert, and mako is absolutely a team that could win it all. The Herbert/Allen stack is particularly terrifying in the playoffs, where a multi-TD day between those teammates could knock any other team in this league right out of the playoffs.

I’m not sure mako is aware that trading is allowed in this league.

Triple: With the 6th highest PF total and a 67-65 All Play record, Triple’s team is dead in the middle of this league. Going into Week 12, Triple was on a 4 game losing streak and in serious danger of falling right out of the playoffs. Thankfully, he got a cupcake matchup against tic and won easily, allowing him to keep his playoff spot. Triple’s team is led by the QB trio of Trevor Lawrence/ Geno Smith/ Matt Stafford, which many teams are envious of in this superflex league. Other players of note include: Josh Jacobs, DJ Moore, Garrett Wilson, Mark Andrews (RIP), and James Conner. Triple has to face numbers and myself in the final two weeks, and he needs to win at least one of them to solidify his playoff spot.

Triple has also not made any in-season trades, although he did make a trade with start-up picks during the draft.

Gooner: The Commissioner himself. It’s been a frustrating season for Gooner, who has the PF and All Play Record of a team that would expect to be on the right side of the playoff bubble. He’s certainly not out of contention yet, but that Zay Flowers TD dropping him from 6-6 to 5-7 may prove costly. To add insult to injury, his max PF is very high (thanks Achane), so if he misses the playoffs the 1.05 or 1.06 is almost assuredly his. Gooner’s squad is full of promising young players, particularly WRs, so his dynasty future is still reasonably bright regardless of the 2023 playoffs. Players of note: Joe Burrow, Amon-Ra St-Brown, Puka Nacua, Michael Pittman, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Jared Goff, Brock Purdy, DeVon Achane, James Cook.

Give: Tee Higgins ; Get: Brock Purdy

BigTree: I think it’s fair to say that BigTree drafted a team that was built to win immediately, but that’s not really the way that it’s gone through 12 games. Old veterans are scattered through this lineup including: Austin Ekeler, Davante Adams, Travis Kelce, Joe Mixon, and Terry McLaurin. Unfortunately, that hasn’t been enough to prevent BigTree from falling to the wrong side of the playoff bubble through Week 12. Any team that got to take Patrick Mahomes 1.01 is going to be in contention for more than a single season, but I’m sure BigTree would prefer to find his way into the playoffs now and let his veteran stars try to win him a championship in 2023.

Give: 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, Jalin Hyatt ; Get: Jordan Love, Mike Williams, Justyn Ross, 2024 4th

Ghost: Here is another case of a team that started off promising (at 4-2), and has found themselves in a losing streak (5 in a row headed to Week 12). At 4-7 Week 12 was a must-win, and Ghost found a way to beat mako. With that win he isn’t eliminated yet, but he’s going to need to win the next two as well. Ghost’s team is led by dynasty stars such as Josh Allen, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Brandon Aiyuk, and Tony Pollard, but Daniel Jones missing so many games has been a huge blow to a team without a reliable 3rd QB. Whether or not he squeaks into the 2023 playoffs, Ghost has a great core of young WRs that should carry his team moving forward.

Ghost hasn’t made any trades to this point.

Numbers: Numbers may be the fantasy team with the most hope and determination I’ve ever seen. After starting 2-6, most fantasy managers would be starting a fire sale, but Numbers has stayed the course and now sits at 5-7, with what could have easily been 6-6 without taking a Week 12 loss in a high scoring affair with D14. Once you look at the roster, you immediately understand the slow start, as Jonathan Taylor and Kyler Murray were unavailable to begin the season. Rookies CJ Stroud and Sam LaPorta look to be fantastic picks, and Justin Jefferson is the best non-QB player in fantasy when he’s healthy. So, this is a dynasty team that is now capable of winning any given week, but he’s going to need quite a bit of help to make that happen in the 2023 playoffs with a 5-7 record and low PF total.

Give: Dameon Pierce ; Get: Jaylen Warren

Tic: If you wanted me to give in-depth recaps of all of tic’s moves, I could write another 1000 words. Tic realized at some point early on this season that it simply wasn’t going to be his year, with losses of Nick Chubb, JK Dobbins, and Anthony Richardson absolutely demoralizing the squad. So he decided to blow it up and look to the future, and by selling off Tua, Jordan Love, and Mac Jones he has amassed a staggering 4 2023 1st round rookie picks. So while those rookie additions are on the way, current stars of this team include: CeeDee Lamb, Anthony Richardson, Stefon Diggs, and… Keaton Mitchell? Tommy DeVito?

Give: Jordan Love, Mike Williams, Justyn Ross, 2024 4th ; Get: 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, Jalin Hyatt
Give: Tua Tagovailoa ; Get: Mac Jones, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd
Give: Mac Jones, Leonard Fournette, 2024 2nd ; Get: 2024 1st, Taysom Hill
Give: Khalil Herbert ; Get: Justice Hill, 2024 3rd

Satan: While tic’s squad at this point in time is undoubtedly the worst, Satan is the one bringing up the rear in terms of 2023 record through Week 12. Satan prioritized the QB position in the draft, bringing home Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson, and Brock Purdy, and the Watson disappointing year has been a major blow. Rounds 3-5 of the startup for Satan were Kyle Pitts, Cooper Kupp, and Najee Harris, and that’s really were the demise of his 2023 chances lie. With all of that said, QB is the toughest thing to find in a dynasty superflex league, and Satan has his guy in Lamar Jackson, and there’s still hope DeShaun Watson finds his form again. Other players of note here are Isaih Pacheco, Tee Higgins, Joshua Dobbs, and DeAndre Hopkins.

Give: Brock Purdy ; Get: Tee Higgins

(continued)
Hahaha I like my team. Why would I want to trade anyone.

1701186533605.png

Here's what some website called The Fantasy Football Hub thinks of the playoff odds for everyone.

It's pretty cool, it also lets you select certain results for Week 13 and see what changes

Most interesting tab on that site is that it shows you what your record would be against each other team's schedule. For example, I would be 11-1 if I had played Barca or YB's schedule, but I'd be 7-5 if I'd played Gooner's schedule

Back