• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Official Pit Dynasty Fantasy Football League Thread

Lol @ numbers playing along with this facade that he's actually trying to win/compete.

Lol @ numbers playing along with this facade that he's actually trying to win/compete.
We're looking into some trade options. I mean again there's only so much you can do with 3 of your top 5 draft picks out lol. I knew Murray was gonna miss some time - that's fine no biggie. Our draft happened before there was even an inkling of Taylor contract stuff (which kicked off because of other running backs complaining and getting contracts worked out first) and obviously before Watson had his leg tweak.

@deacon14 it's laid out here but the non-playoff teams are decided by fewest maximum points for and scaled up from there to pick #6. For playoff teams, whichever first round loser had fewer maximum points for will be pick #7 and the other will be pick #8.
Does Sleeper show max PF somewhere or will you have to manually calculate it? I can’t find it in the app but maybe it’s there in the desktop version

Edit: I found it I’m just dumb

Does Sleeper show max PF somewhere or will you have to manually calculate it? I can’t find it in the app but maybe it’s there in the desktop version
As in projected max PF or actual PF/PA of what has actually occurred? Points for and Points allowed appear in the league standings

As in projected max PF or actual PF/PA of what has actually occurred? Points for and Points allowed appear in the league standings
Max PF is what determines draft order, so it’s the PF out of the best lineup if you nailed all the start-sit decisions.

If you hit “view details” next to standings on the league tab you can sort by max PF

Max PF is what determines draft order, so it’s the PF out of the best lineup if you nailed all the start-sit decisions.

If you hit “view details” next to standings on the league tab you can sort by max PF
Ah makes sense I misunderstood

It's designed as a pure anti-tanking mechanism so you can't just sit all your best players, go 0-14, and get the top overall pick.

It's designed as a pure anti-tanking mechanism so you can't just sit all your best players, go 0-14, and get the top overall pick.
Oh yeah it's absolutely a better way of doing it. My other dynasty league just goes off of record with some rules to require legitimate lineups to be set, and enforcing those rules is a nightmare.

We're looking into some trade options. I mean again there's only so much you can do with 3 of your top 5 draft picks out lol. I knew Murray was gonna miss some time - that's fine no biggie. Our draft happened before there was even an inkling of Taylor contract stuff (which kicked off because of other running backs complaining and getting contracts worked out first) and obviously before Watson had his leg tweak.
Nah, I think it's great that you're still attempting to be competitive despite getting boned by Taylor and your injuries.

Credit to you if you're not opting to go full tank mode just yet.

All options are on the table. We’ve had some ongoing negotiations with other teams while also spending a lot of time internally looking over what we can realistically expect at this stage. It’s early. But it’s going to get late really soon

I don’t understand all of y’all making 47 roster moves after week one.

Don’t take away the excitement by confirming it’s not a dick pic before he opens it

Putting in thread as potential rules modifications for next year so I don't forget.

1) Have playoff seeding determined by W/L for spots 1-5, with the 6th spot being awarded to the team from spots 6-12 who had the most points for. I say PF over Max PF because there should be a penalty for not choosing the best players to start each week that resulted in a higher matchup scoring lineup.

This ensures a situation where someone who keeps losing their matchups each week by randomly playing a top scorer each week (while also being a top scorer themselves) doesn't miss the playoffs over someone who possibly had a better W/L, but may have had 300+ fewer PF, as an example.

2) Instead of having the Reg Season running weeks 1-14, with playoffs weeks 15-17, I propose a 13 week season with playoffs running weeks 14-16. It's more unlikely a team rests players for playoffs IRL week 16 than a scenario where they rest players week 17 during a fantasy Championship League matchup, potentially screwing the "results".

I propose this also helps with league competitive balance because during the 13 week Reg Season, you could have every team play each other team once (11 weeks), with the remaining 2 weeks being determined by overall finish the year prior. For instance (# by final position ranking year prior):

Extra Week 1:

1v2
3v4
5v6
7v8
9v10
11v12

Extra Week 2:

1v12
2v3
4v5
6v7
8v9
10v11

This allows every team to know exactly who they are playing the following year when the current season ends and helps ensure against a randomization situation where #12 team above potentially has to play the #1 and #2 teams the year prior (poor luck). 1 gets a break above by getting to play 12 twice and 12 gets screwed having to play 1 twice, but it's a reward for finishing #1 and a punishment for finishing #12.

I am down with number 1 because this seems super reasonable. If there are downsides somebody can flag them I'm sure! Mako would be the lucky guy to hop into the playoffs (sorry Ghost Surfer) if that were the rule in place right now.

I'm against number 2 mainly because I want to have more weeks in the season to enjoy this league and taking a week away is directly against my religion: more football.

Also Courtland Sutton is the best.

Back