• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Official Pit Dynasty Fantasy Football League Thread

@TripleDeacon
  • Geno Smith (7.05) - Triple made a move to go get a guy before the Superflex QBs went off a cliff, and I like where he went with the pick. Geno played extremely well last season and got a new contract, solidifying his spot as the near-term QB1 in Seattle. With a solid WR corps to throw to and a coach that believes in him, I like getting him there in the middle of the 7th round to lock in a solid QB2.
  • Marquise Brown (8.04) - I continue with my affinity for getting guys with big opportunity regardless of how good their team is. Hollywood is the WR1 in Arizona, especially with Hopkins moving out of town, and even if Arizona overall will be bad, someone will still have to catch passes. It's as solid a WR3 as you can draft and Triple didn't have to reach to get there. Solid pick.
  • Evan Hull (18.04) - Top-tier RB handcuffs will always have value, and Hull is no exception. Drafted essentially straight into the RB2 spot in Indianapolis, Hull will likely take over the Nyheim Hines role where he could have standalone value as a low-end FLEX while also having the capacity to take over full-time duties if anything happens to Jonathan Taylor. A great pick in the 18th.
@Wakeforest22890
  • Justin Jefferson (1.10) - The best non-QB asset in fantasy lasted all the way to the 10th overall pick and numbers pounced. Quite possibly the WR1 in all of football, he is young, already elite, and has no real competition to vulture production in the Minnesota WR corps. JJ will likely anchor numbers's team for years to come.
  • D'Andre Swift (7.08) - numbers made a move to get Swift as the 7th round moved towards the end of the line, and for a FLEX guy, you can't blame the selection. Swift's best case scenarios in Philly are borderline RB1-level production, and because he won't have to carry an offense himself, his health could be better than in Detroit. There is risk with Swift, but I like where numbers got him.
  • Courtland Sutton (14.03) - It's hard to tell if the dumpster fire that was Denver last year will be totally put out in 2023, and it's even harder to tell which WRs would come out of that on top if it does improve. But it's possible that the Courtland Sutton we saw early in his career is still in there, waiting for a real offense to fully materialize for a true breakout, and that sort of bet being made in the 14th round is extremely worth it for me.
@deacon14
  • Jalen Hurts (1.03) - I like this pick both for value and process. D14 received the 11th overall pick when we RNG'd the draft order, but he wanted more for himself. Crafting a trade that got him up to 1.03 so he could take his preferred QB is good process, and I like the pick itself with how valuable running QBs have become in fantasy.
  • Derek Carr (7.11) - Carr isn't everyone's favorite QB and last year was an off year for him, but he's not far removed from being solidly a QB1 in fantasy. With a brand new contract in New Orleans and on a team that is likely going to be throwing a lot from behind, pure volume could sneak him back toward at least the top end of QB2 production in D14's Superflex spot.
  • Keaontay Ingram (19.11) - Ingram didn't get a great deal of opportunity in his rookie year in Arizona, but through player exits and lack of incoming, he finds himself as the de facto RB2 with only injury-prone, aging James Conner ahead of him. Once again, Arizona will be bad but someone has to get touches and I like D14 going to get him at the end of the 19th as a pure upside play.
@YoungBuck95
  • Jamar Chase (1.12) - Very similar analysis to numbers and Jefferson, YB had Chase fall in his lap at 1.12. You can't ask for much more than an elite WR1 who will be on your team for years to come being there at the end of the first round. Getting RNG'd into the last overall pick is never ideal, but YB got insane value while standing pat at 1.12.
  • Calvin Ridley (5.12) - More risky than other picks, I still really like getting a potential WR1 for an ascending young QB in an offense that has available touches. Ridley comes in with limited competition for targets and will be itching to show he's still got it. If Ridley meets expectations, it was well worth the value at the end of the 5th round.
  • Mike Evans (9.12) - Gonna go 3 for 3 with YB's WR selections, but it's hard to argue with getting Mike Evans at the end of the 9th round. Evans is getting a little older and the QB situation in Tampa is less than ideal, but he will still be a primary target for whoever wins the QB competition and as a FLEX2 play for YB, that's more than enough value for me at the end of the 9th round.

I didn't draft Dotson, that must've been on a pick I traded. Gimme another favorite pick!

I didn't realize Gooner was so down on Cee Dee Lamb and DK Metcalf. I consider them both WR1s

I was riffing on you taking Woods in the 22nd round, not literally for your WR1. Just the WR1 for a specific team.

Don't question your commissioner, tic.

It's less fun having to explain it all, but my reference to both Deebo and Robert Woods is that they are WR1s for their respective teams and where they were picked was good value for a team WR1, IMO, which is why I liked those picks for you guys. It has nothing to do with other guys who are WR1s for their teams or not, just where I thought you guys all go decent value for certain picks.

@JamesSokolove I like both CD and DK quite a lot, you just picked them exactly where they should have been picked so it wasn't a "favorite" pick for me. Still really good picks.

sorry the joke about Woods went over my head.

My favorite Gooner picks are Rachaad White and Jody Fortson

sorry the joke about Woods went over my head.

My favorite Gooner picks are Rachaad White and Jody Fortson
Lol I picked Fortson because I knew I had to cut that player anyway and Jody deserved it

I loved seeing your write-ups as usual! Great stuff, and it's cool to see guys that flew "under the radar" but could be in line for a much bigger role in their offense. I may steal some of these dudes in my deeper leagues.

I wish I didn't have a job and could do cool stuff like this. ; )

I can’t say that I love seeing that my 5th round pick rookie WR was cited for going 140 mph in a 55

Just a reminder for anyone who hasn’t yet settled on their guys, taxi squads will lock next Thursday before the KC/DET game, so make any taxi squad adjustments you need before then.

Also please get your buy ins over to me before that game as well. Thanks!

Back