• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I wish I was better at the football

B2Zj1yXIAAAobhB.jpg

Southampton's Director of Recruiting, Paul Mitchell, has resigned ahead of a move to Spurs. Our transition to Sotottenham is nearing completion.

Win for Spurs, gotta think. This guy seems to be part of the difference in "doing a Soton" and "doing a Spurs" in the transfer market.

Does this have any effect on Baldini's role with Spurs? Short of holding Levy accountable, Baldini has to be feeling some heat.

Sounds like a separate deal, somehow. I have no idea how it works. Baldini is staying, as far as I know.

Newcastle's alt kit they wore yesterday against WBA are an assault on the eyes.

I really like what I hear about this guy. From telegraph:

"So just what do we know about the set-up at Southampton that Tottenham will presumably now try to replicate? The first point is that Mitchell's work is rather different to a director of football like Franco Baldini. He is not being brought in for his worldwide network of contacts among agents and club executives but rather for his ability to analyse football players.
At Southampton, he has overseen an entire department dedicated to this science. In a large open-plan room at the club's new football development centre, there are literally 10 computer screens of matches being watched throughout the day by full-time staff. In another corner is the base for a team of scouts who physically get out and identify potential players right the way from the age of five upwards. They include men like Rod Ruddick, who spotted an eight-year-old Gareth Bale at a six-a-side tournament in Newport.
The most intriguing element of the department, though, is what is known as the "black-box". It is a small room with a phone, a desk and a row of chairs that faces a giant screen. Southampton designed their own computer software that is used in this room and, with just a few clicks, Mitchell and his team could be watching any player, team or target anywhere in the world. Yet the "black-box" is not used solely for identifying players but also analysing Southampton's own squad and future opponents.
For example, when Arsenal offered £16 million for Calum Chambers during the summer, part of Southampton's decision-making was based on the assessment that they already had a superior right-back in Nathaniel Clyne. Mitchell believes that the "black box" really was something unique to Southampton."

For example, when Arsenal offered £16 million for Calum Chambers during the summer, part of Southampton's decision-making was based on the assessment that they already had a superior right-back in Nathaniel Clyne. Mitchell believes that the "black box" really was something unique to Southampton."

Black box is 1 for 1

Fellaini is a prick, but that didn't look intentional to me. Allen is just so short that he face is at Fellaini's elbow height.

Sturridge managed to injure himself again today during training. I give up.

Back