• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Champions League Thread (NWT)

That was a complete and total ass kicking. Obviously City is in great form but to do that to Madrid is just wild. Incredible performance.

just absurd that Man City can dominate Real Madrid like that and then ho hum let's bring Alvarex and Mahrez on to finish this off

I suspect City would gladly surrender the notion of a treble if they could be guaranteed to win this final. At Chelsea in January the fans belted this one out (I'm sure City fans have heard it for years whenever they are on the road against a club that has):

"You've never sung that
You'll never sing that
Champions of Europe you'll never sing that"

City on another level now. It finally happened

Watched this in a packed pub in Dublin this evening. The entire place was ecstatic to see Real Madrid go down in flames. Well done Citizens. If they play this way against Inter, I don't care how badly they pack it in, a win is a foregone conclusion.

Final today. Now directly conflicting with the Diamond Deacs, but ah well. Gonna have to double screen it.

A thread on what we might expect (unless Pep pulls a Pep and benches Rodri again).

Thierry Henry's comments on racism were thoughtful and compelling. Not the usual lines you hear. really strong stuff. I'm not going to do it injustice by trying to paraphrase it. hopefully it can be found somewhere online at some point

City XI:

Ederson; Akanji, Stones, Dias, Ake; Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne; Bernardo, Grealish, Haaland

Inter XI:

Onana; Darmian, Acerbi, Bastoni; Dumfries, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Dimarco; Dzeko, Lautaro

Well city won't be going thru Inters center. That much is clear in the opening 12 or so mins
Inter pinching in on anything central

Barella is one of my favorite players not at United. He is so fun to watch. Such a clever player and sneaky tough.

Fuck sake Dumfries. Get the ball off your fucking foot, you asshole

Back