• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Yea he’s only putting in 1.5 tackles a game, like 50th percentile in Europe. As frosty said, a lot of that is Napoli tactics.

But dv7 is right and I am wrong

I think there is a lot more dribbling/transitions in PL (not as much as Bundesliga) as well, apart from how just Napoli set up -- don't know that we can tell much about his 1v1 ability from those.

I also have some questions about what each league consider a dribble. It was definitely partly how the leagues played, but Bunde dribbles seemed grossly inflated for a while.

Varane surprises me there but not Licha - he does tend to overextend himself to make tackles instead of just containing too often. That said, not sure I would even address it with him if I were manager because that's just the mentality he has - a damn pitbull on the pitch. The Butcher is a psycho

Reports about Federico Chiesa wanting to leave Juve and he might cost around 25-30. Rough couple of years for him injury-wise, but I'd jump on that if he could fill a complementary role and not necessarily be counted on for numbers. Pep Lijnders loves him -- he can basically fit in any attacking role: wide, support striker, attacking midfielder, whatever. Might be a bit of a gamble, but an intriguing one. Speaks good English, too.

Liverpool lately also seem to have a thing for sons of ex-pros, so wouldn’t be shocked to hear rumors of this, though I think attack is third on their priorities.

Last edited:
United have told Kim's representatives that they will be activating his release clause in July according to Sky Sports. ..........Assuming there is money in their transfer budget (lol) after they sign a new striker.

well, that certainly makes that bid smell a lot worse

I mean most people said this was likely the case at the time, it's impossible to separate whatever front fund they set up from those who are ultimately backing it. And those parties involved are unlikely to offer up truly clear indications of separation any time soon.

Saliba contract extension agreed, single best thing we could have gotten across the line this summer. Now to get new terms agreed for Ødegaard and hopefully Rice and Caicedo bids on the table to start those processes soon.

I just want to know what the Glazers are waiting on to sell the club? Both offers they have in hand value the club at north of 5.25 BILLION. Are they really the greediest twats on the planet and going to hold out for another 750 mil? This is just silly

I hate them so much

I just want to know what the Glazers are waiting on to sell the club? Both offers they have in hand value the club at north of 5.25 BILLION. Are they really the greediest twats on the planet and going to hold out for another 750 mil? This is just silly

I hate them so much
Maybe they just love the club so much that no amount of money could pry it away from them.

geico-caveman-not-cool.gif

Reactions: BTB
Manchester United, Tottenham and Newcastle are in the hunt to sign James Maddison [
@MarkOgden_

much rather have Maddison than Mount

Now dilute Moshiri’s shares and let’s get to work

Back