• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Champions League (and other Euro comps) Thread. NWT.

Darwin and Salah (who prob should have buried one earlier, too) off, but I get that not wanting to chance it with both Gakpo and Diogo J unavailable this weekend.

Endo also off. I've got a lot of time/patience for a transition to the Premier League, but Endo only looking halfway at it for like the last half hour of the Leicester match, and being pretty anonymous in the two Europa League matches is not a great sign. Linz/USG both should have been his sweet spot to feel comfortable and ball.

Endo was definitely not playing like the player I saw at Stuttgart. Just looks nervous and afraid to attempt a pass longer than 20 yards away, when he certainly has those passes in his locker.

The Machine is becoming self-aware. This might be an issue.....
da0235bbb4af7eb2c72fa3344f541403.jpg

Gala giving Bayern all that they can handle and more right now. 1-1 in Istanbul and Gala are threatening to take the lead with nearly every attack.

que the Bayern counter for a goal in 3...2...

there is the sucker punch. Musiala to Kane and it is 2-1 to ze Germans

I cannot overstate my dislike of Rudi Garcia

Gimme Simeone and Gaetano to start the second half please. Garcia won't though because it goes against his philosophy of playing the most limp dicked version of the sport imaginable.

Milan is gonna clap our cheeks on Sunday.

For reals. Once again, no one seems to give a single solitary fuck about the fact that they are playing a game. Lots of sideways and backwards passing followed by a boom ball to no one in particular once there are no other options. Ho hum defending ("oh, I got beat, I guess I can just stop playing now"). No movement off the ball. I can't think of a single positive thing to say about United other than the fact that they aren't losing.

The more I watch this United team, the less convinced I am of EtH. If the way this team plays is reflective of his tactics (and his public comments seem to say that it is and that it's just tdown to bad luck), then I don't think he's going to be around past this season.

Hojlund looked lively and makes really good runs off the ball but he just isn't there with the finished product yet. He'd look a lot better in a side that could give him 8 chances and not the 1, 2, or 3 that this side are capable of providing him.

Also not sure about his touch but it hasn't really looked poor today.

Also, half of our forward passes are to a player checking back to the ball with his back to the oppositions goal so the ball just comes right back. Nobody is receiving the ball at a 45 degree angle to open up their options. This is school children stuff that they players just aren't doing. Incredibly frustrating.

The more I watch this United team, the less convinced I am of EtH. If the way this team plays is reflective of his tactics (and his public comments seem to say that it is and that it's just tdown to bad luck), then I don't think he's going to be around past this season.
The tactics of this season certainly don't match all of his talk preseason about being deadly in transitions. United barely even counter much anymore.

Then when we did have the chance to counter, Reguillon underhit the pass to Rashford by approximately 25 yards. Abysmal.

Gabi Jesus is a special cat

Garnacho just has to do better there

I think he was onside, btw

ETA: he was onside. And that was so bad from Ale. So bad.

Back