• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Yeah, 50 would have been my max for Mount, I think. 50+5 seems entirely reasonable, I guess. Pressure's on them.

Chelsea now have all the leverage in the world with negotiations like this because they can just be like fine, we’ll always field offers from the Saudi royal family

Chelsea now have all the leverage in the world with negotiations like this because they can just be like fine, we’ll always field offers from the Saudi royal family
Mount is 24 and almost certainly not interested in going to Saudi Arabia. United is the only team bidding for him. ETH clearly really wants Mount signed and ready for preseason because there is no other explanation for United's continued bidding against itself for a guy who wants to leave and has only one year left on his contract.

Mount is 24 and almost certainly not interested in going to Saudi Arabia. United is the only team bidding for him. ETH clearly really wants Mount signed and ready for preseason because there is no other explanation for United's continued bidding against itself for a guy who wants to leave and has only one year left on his contract.
that is the only thing keeping me from lamenting this transfer even more. If Erik wants the player that badly then I know he has to have a plan for him.

Digging into the numbers, my guess is EtH wants United to be a more proactive pressing and counter-pressing team because Mount is actually good there and that's probably Eriksen's weakest point of his game. Eriksen is just not going to hound the opposition relentlessly. United would lose lots of creativity when in posession but I suppose if you win the ball back from a turnover only 25-30 yards from goal then there isn't a lot of creativity needed at that point...

Bournemouth sign Justin Kluivert from Roma

he would not be playing in the top leagues if he had a different last name

-----

transfers coming thick and fast now!

Azpilicueta and Marcus Thuram heading to Inter. Chelsea agreed to terminate Azpi's contract so that the move could be done without a transfer fee.

Last edited:
doesn't matter who, once he signs with someone, he'll never get injured again 😭

Bournemouth sign Justin Kluivert from Roma

he would not be playing in the top leagues if he had a different last name

-----

transfers coming thick and fast now!

Azpilicueta and Marcus Thuram heading to Inter. Chelsea agreed to terminate Azpi's contract so that the move could be done without a transfer fee.
Is Chelsea going to have anyone in their squad once their preseason training starts?

What do you mean? They still have a full XI of wingers on their books.

Now I'm confused. Man United reportedly in talks with Rabiot about a free transfer. If United are wanting to sign him...then why pay 50+ mil for Mount?

Could be a smokescreen. Could be a case of pushing Chelsea into accepting the latest bid.

Rabiot is a better player than Mount anyway, IMO.

Now I'm confused. Man United reportedly in talks with Rabiot about a free transfer. If United are wanting to sign him...then why pay 50+ mil for Mount?

Could be a smokescreen. Could be a case of pushing Chelsea into accepting the latest bid.

Rabiot is a better player than Mount anyway, IMO.
Far better

What we are hearing: United have lodged a third bid for Chelsea midfielder Mount worth up to £55 million after their opening two offers were rejected. They are prepared to offer Harry Maguire and/or Scott McTominay plus cash for Rice but City and Arsenal are frontrunners.

1687789013428.png

I'll just say that West Ham will have to reinvest the Rice money back into the squad anyway, so a part exchange isn't a bad approach to take.
Yeah but why take on someone else's deadwood on likely way overpriced contracts when you could take the 100M and waste it on other players like Tottenham did with the Bale money

Yeah but why take on someone else's deadwood on likely way overpriced contracts when you could take the 100M and waste it on other players like Tottenham did with the Bale money
If signing Eriksen for 11.5 million was a waste I'd really like the club to get back to wasting money like that!

Bayern Munich have reportedly bid 70 mil plus add ons for Kane

That's gotta be tempting to Levy if Kane has really said he won't be signing a new contract

Back