• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I think they were pretty clear that, much like Diaz the previous January, Gakpo was something they felt like they needed to do sooner than planned because of other interest (Tottenham for Diaz, United for Gakpo), and he basically takes the squad position of Firmino compared to the squad at the start of last year, but it's fine if that's not accepted :) . Just doing an overview of the major parts of the squad overhaul in the last year.

Last edited:
This would be way out of left field, but this guy's name has popped up like one too many times for me to think there is absolutely zero in it. Very possibly another Ben Davies (Preston's Ben Davies, he of the zero first team appearances after the panic buy), although feel he'd be pretty easy to shift if it doesn't work out. Wouldn't be opposed to just having a body for coverage.

Sky reporting that Fulham are looking at both McTominay and Hojbjerg as potential replacements for Palhinha in case Bayern come back in for him

Say United would consider it but it would have to be a "substantial" offer.

Damn. Kinda bummed about this one but I get it given he's suffered two pretty significant knee injuries in the past 18 to 24 months or so

Teden Mengi leaving Man United on a permanent deal to Luton Town. If he stays fit then Luton got themselves an excellent CB that reads the game far ahead of his years. And athletic as all get out on top of that. Wish him the best!

Sofyan Amrabat is now undergoing his Manchester United medical at the San Rossore clinic in Pisa. According to @Gazzetta_it

Much needed.

Less surprised that Everton are wiping their hands than Brentford being back in, but maybe they were desperate after missing out on Johnson and Bakayoko.

Tottenham have agreed a fee of £45million plus add-ons with Nottingham Forest for the signing of Brennan Johnson

Wish the club gave him a chance instead of bringing in Reguilon, but oh well. Hope he does well in Spain. I think he's a good player.

Manchester United defender Alvaro Fernandez is set to join Granada on a season-long loan.

There is no option to buy the 20-year-old, who remains highly regarded at Old Trafford, included for the Spanish side. Both clubs are working on completing the deal ahead of today’s deadline.

United have been assessing their options at left-back following injuries to Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia.

With the arrival of Sergio Reguilon on loan, however, Fernandez has been allowed a temporary move elsewhere to gain regular first-team minutes this campaign.

The Spain Under-19 international’s move to Granada, who are 15th in La Liga, was initially put on hold while United aimed to secure a deal for Reguilon. With the Tottenham left-back’s arrival being confirmed this morning, Fernandez — who spent last season on loan at Preston — has been given the go-ahead for his temporary switch.

Back