• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tour de France 23 Thread

They finish here today, looks amazing

I thought today would be a relatively calm day with a breakaway forming early and being allowed to go up the road. Instead the stage is off to a frantic start with different breakaways forming, getting caught, reforming, getting caught, etc.

As usual, Van Aert has been in the center of the action but surprisingly, both Pogacar and Vingegaard have been in at least one breakaway group too. There will be a successful breakaway group at some point but right now, it’s not clear when it will finally get formed.

Powless has not been chasing the minor mountain points that are available today and that’s probably a good idea—better to save energy in anticipation of the big mountains in the Alps coming at the end of this week.

I thought today would be a relatively calm day with a breakaway forming early and being allowed to go up the road. Instead the stage is off to a frantic start with different breakaways forming, getting caught, reforming, getting caught, etc.

As usual, Van Aert has been in the center of the action but surprisingly, both Pogacar and Vingegaard have been in at least one breakaway group too. There will be a successful breakaway group at some point but right now, it’s not clear when it will finally get formed.

Powless has not been chasing the minor mountain points that are available today and that’s probably a good idea—better to save energy in anticipation of the big mountains in the Alps coming at the end of this week.
They acted like Powless has been having trouble today, but I hope it's intentional.

I can't believe WVA's wife is so selfish as to have a baby during the TDF.

They acted like Powless has been having trouble today, but I hope it's intentional.
I hope Powless simply took the day off, because there weren't many KOM points available today and no one else is threatening his KOM lead at the moment. So he might as well take it easy and save his energy. Tomorrow should be another day for him to rest and recuperate and get ready for the real mountains and the many points that will be awarded.

Here are the max KOM points available for each upcoming mountain stage, in other words, how many points would be awarded to a rider who was first over all the climbs that day.

7/13: 16
7/14: 40
7/15: 37
7/19: 45
7/22: 37

Normally a rider would not scoop up all the maximum points on a stage, but the max points indicate how many points in general are still available. Those are the days when Powless needs to focus on accumulating points and preventing any KOM rivals from accumulating points.

I see Gall, Chaves, Guerreiro, Johannessen and Barguil as top rivals to Powless for the polka dot jersey.

The current top 21:

Today could be interesting or it could be another relatively calm day. I doubt that the top GC guys will try or be able to gain time on each other, but if eithe one shows weakness then the other guy will pounce. What will Powless do? I think he will go for mountain points today but it is a question of whether he can get in the right breakaway early. That’s always a challenge. If there are any other guys who hope to challenge him for the KOM, then today is the day to start going for it.

Have no idea how they do it. Biked 25km through the vineyards of Burgundy two days ago and I nearly died. Of course, I'm old and it was 95⁰ out

Today could be interesting or it could be another relatively calm day. I doubt that the top GC guys will try or be able to gain time on each other, but if eithe one shows weakness then the other guy will pounce. What will Powless do? I think he will go for mountain points today but it is a question of whether he can get in the right breakaway early. That’s always a challenge. If there are any other guys who hope to challenge him for the KOM, then today is the day to start going for it.
Emphasis mine.

Today is an unusual stage: relatively short at only 137 KM; only one categorized climb but that one is an HC that finishes at the top. I have no idea what will happen but it doesn’t look hard enough for either Pogacar or Vingegaard to gain much time. Powless has missed the initial big breakaway but the peloton is not far behind.

Whom ever mentioned the world feed rather than the NBC feed, thank you! It is a 100 times better. The insight, no commercials, just an all around better production. Its almost like less is more.

I'm surprised Tadej waited so long to go on Vinny. If he goes a minute earlier, he's in the yellow. It also seems the Tadej has better help this year from his team, and hasn't been hung out to dry like last year.

Jumbo just has such a ridiculously stacked squad. Tadej definitely getting a lot more help this year though and is right there. Should be a great duel to the end.

Loaded group at the front today as they jockey for position going into the final climbs.

UAE looking strong at the front all the sudden 👀

Wout then just powers himself to the front from off the back. Dude is not human.

Back