• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travis McKie

Moto could start for Cav on the backs of this effort. I can't see Moto/Cav/Devin all starting though. That'd be a disaster.
You have to play your best players and clearly Moto, Cav, Devin, Coron, and Codi are the best players at this point.

Moto could start for Cav on the backs of this effort. I can't see Moto/Cav/Devin all starting though. That'd be a disaster.

I mean, how can it be more of a disaster than shooting 0% from the field and getting 1 whole rebound as a starter?

Wake has only two healthy small forwards. Mckie and tree. If you bench Mckie, you either start tree or go to a 3 guard lineup and we don't have enough guards for that.

I mean, how can it be more of a disaster than shooting 0% from the field and getting 1 whole rebound as a starter?

Dre isn't really getting minutes anymore (rightfully so). So you have 80 minutes between the 4 and 5 for Devin/Cav/Moto or 25-30 per. They all do and will play a ton. Are you planning on starting all 3 and then 6 minutes in you have all 3 of your bigs tired with no one to sub in?

Dre isn't really getting minutes anymore (rightfully so). So you have 80 minutes between the 4 and 5 for Devin/Cav/Moto or 25-30 per. They all do and will play a ton. Are you planning on starting all 3 and then 6 minutes in you have all 3 of your bigs tired with no one to sub in?

Honestly, I think you hope Travis is in a slump and plays like he did against UNC moving forward.

Technically, I think you could call Moto a 3 on defense and a 4 on offense, and Cav a 4 on defense and a 3 on offense, and you're probably going to average better numbers than starting Travis right now. Bring in Travis for Cav and Coron for Madison during the first substitution, use Rountree to fill in for Devin/Moto down low.

But who knows. Then again, last year if anyone told you Travis wouldn't have a field goal and we'd beat NC State? Could have gotten 1000:1 odds on that one. A new coaching staff could recruit a single great player and do awesome things with this class over the next 2 years.

Mckie played 30 minutes and got one freaking rebound. How is that possible. Just acts like he doesn't give a shit. Got to play Moto, Cav, Devin, and Rountree.

Travis gives us free throw shooting. If he isn't rebounding and isn't hitting from outside, he might as well sit.

McKie tried to lose the game for Wake tonight. This might have been the worst game of his career.

Well, at least we won't have the 'how will we score next year' when McKie leaves discussions like we did with CJ.

Well, at least we won't have the 'how will we score next year' when McKie leaves discussions like we did with CJ.

Relatively speaking, I can't remember a Wake player having a worse senior year. Maybe he'll turn it around, but I highly doubt it.

A better question is whether we've ever had a player digress as much from his freshman to senior year. "Digress" being a euphemism of course.

Travis is the one Deac I have on my ACC fantasy team and that obviously hasn't worked out too well. But I can't bring myself to let him go. One because it just feels wrong, and two because I know what he is still capable of. Still a lot of basketball left.

With him being the one player to play four yrs for Bz as has been mentioned, I honestly think we have to look at his Sr year differently from any other Deac's, and he just deserves a pass from all of us.

0-3 from the floor (all 3 pt shots), and 1 rebound? That is on Travis. He just isn't working very hard on the court, frankly. And apparently not enough off of it, either. I can't imagine he doesn't know the fundamentals of rebounding, and he sure as hell is working for rebounds. And we are getting killed on the boards. That is all on Travis.

Back