• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Cook what you know I guess! Just seems odd to cater a menu to a weird mix of what you want to cook and what might appease a pub crowd or regulars at the old spot? I feel like it's a better business decision to specialize and do your food damn well unless you've got a great location/environment.

IDK why I'd choose to go here over, say, Quiet Pint... which also has a pub menu w/some asian dishes thrown in, but also has the benefit of a great toddler friendly patio.
Yeah, no, I agree, I was just being a little sarcastic. Like, well, I'm 1/4th Italian, so we're gonna do some pizza and pasta dishes, too!

Yeah. It sounds like they are trying to do too much with the menu and that brings the risk of not doing any of it well.

This is my take. I was excited when I thought it was just Asian street food as I'd love to have something along the lines of Seoul Food Meat Co. in Winston.

Seeing 40+ loaded fries options, burgers, and shrimp scampi(???????) has me less than inspired.

we will be in High Point for several days. Any recommendations for a favorite dinner spot? thank you.

Blue Rock for pizza
Lulu and Blu for pasta
Sweet Old Bill’s for bbq
Brown Truck is a pretty decent brewery in the same building as SOB’s.

Outside of those, it’s better to drive to WS or GSO.

In addition to those mentioned, Blue Water Grille is also good.

if you’re looking for a white table cloth experience there’s the String & Splinter. PM me.

In addition to those mentioned, Blue Water Grille is also good.

if you’re looking for a white table cloth experience there’s the String & Splinter. PM me.
Been forever since I went to Blue Water. It was pretty good last time I went.

thank you for the suggestions, including the String and Splinter, we would not have the time this trip to enjoy something that nice.

thank you for the suggestions, including the String and Splinter, we would not have the time this trip to enjoy something that nice.
Well, if you ever do and you’re interested please let me know (that goes for any of you folks!).

What was the name of the place in HP where, apparently, Lone Star Burger now is off of Lexington? Emerywood maybe? When did that close? I liked that place.

What was the name of the place in HP where, apparently, Lone Star Burger now is off of Lexington? Emerywood maybe? When did that close? I liked that place.
Emerywood Fine Foods. It closed in 2016. From what I've heard when they abandoned the place, they just left everything in there, food and all - it was like a hazmat scene. In its heyday, it was a top lunch spot. Coincidentally, the current head chef at the String & Splinter (mentioned by me above) was a former sous chef at EFF.

Interesting. I used to go there a few times a year for business lunches at my old job I left in early 2017. Had no idea it had been closed that long.

Back