• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Is Brouwrij Dubois good? Kinda forgot that they opened as it's not close to me/on a side of town I frequent much.

Our family had a good time on Saturday evening - it was definitely packed. As already mentioned, they're only serving other people's stuff for now (save one collaboration beer).

The Meadowlark corridor is building up and sprawling.

Went to try Heff’s tonight and found out they’re closed until Wednesday. Cool.

We finally made it to Heff's over the winter holiday. Fucking delicious.

I’m headed to the game Saturday, and staying downtown that eve. Looking for a place for dinner for four. Atmosphere for date night vibe, we like different types of food so No southern fare Or steakhouses.

what’s the latest?

I’m headed to the game Saturday, and staying downtown that eve. Looking for a place for dinner for four. Atmosphere for date night vibe, we like different types of food so No southern fare Or steakhouses.

what’s the latest?
Cibo for Italian

Sweet Potatoes, but it's prob "Southern Fare". Mozelles always great. If you want good pizza, I love mission Pizza.

I was gonna say Mozelles but I would say they're southern-adjacent too.

600 is basically a steakhouse w/ flare so ruled them out as well.

Mission Pizza is the answer then, 100%.

I haven't been to downtown grill, but I've heard it's good but expensive. May qualify as steakhouse

Like their mission, but I have a hard time getting excited to drive to that part of town to drink in what used to be a Subway lol.

Is there anything else in that area that is walkable even? Part of the appeal of all the breweries downtown is you can hop between them (and countless other bars) so easily.
And a convenience store. And a plant shop.

We went to breakfast at our local First Watch yesterday for the first time.

Not bad for a chain but I really miss Mary’s.

Cibo for Italian

I think this is the way to go for nice date night vibes. It’s very good.

I love Mission Pizza, it’s probably the most unique restaurant in Winston with their prix fixe and pizzakase options, but you have to be ready for a pretty funky experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the way to go for nice date night vibes. It’s very good.

I love Mission Pizza, it’s probably the most unique restaurant in Winston with their prix fixe and pizzakase options, but you have to be ready for a pretty funky experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love Mission. I just wish they’d allow takeout more often so I can eat at Fiddlin’ Fish.

If y’all want a burger joint recommendation (quick forums search said it hadn’t been mentioned so my bad if it has), that newish Barcelona’s place in Bailey is pretty good. They have a location in Mooresville too!

If y’all want a burger joint recommendation (quick forums search said it hadn’t been mentioned so my bad if it has), that newish Barcelona’s place in Bailey is pretty good. They have a location in Mooresville too!
Have to give it a shot. Seems like it was under construction forever.

Opening in Clemmons in a few weeks (I think).

Finally going to check out The Katherine at the Kimpton Cardinal over the weekend.

Finally going to check out The Katherine at the Kimpton Cardinal over the weekend.

Love the hotel & the space, but the restaurant is definitely catered towards people spending per diems.

See if you can check out the rec room downstairs. Use the slide.

Opening in Clemmons in a few weeks (I think).

My FIL is in rehab (hip) in Clemmons, and the sign at the shopping center has baffled me since it went up. Is it a restaurant? Is it an indoor playground? Is it a skate park for Italians?

Thanks for the info!

Back