• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tuition Forgiveness

Wrong. You're the one who thinks paying money back is optional.

Nope. That's not what I said. I said that it's wrong to say someone hasn't paid back the loan if they have.

I am cool with this payback, but we need to address the problem. Kids are being scammed into getting bullshit degrees on loans they will never be able to be pay off.

Yep. Subsequent intervention has to address supply and demand sides. Hopefully there will still be the movement and will to make it happen. I wouldn't bet against our generation tho. We're mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.

Yep. Subsequent intervention has to address supply and demand sides. Hopefully there will still be the movement and will to make it happen. I wouldn't bet against our generation tho. We're mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.

I'm really hoping this fuels more pressure on Congress and the White House and more 18-35 year old voters and candidates. If this is a political winner that fuels a Blue Wave, that would be a massive change in politics. But if it isn't, we're not going to see any change at all.

Honestly though how many undergrad degrees are not bullshit degrees w/r/t job readiness? You think those business majors are walking in day 1 saying “let’s do some fucking business” and plugging right in? No way.

Honestly though how many undergrad degrees are not bullshit degrees w/r/t job readiness? You think those business majors are walking in day 1 saying “let’s do some fucking business” and plugging right in? No way.

Agree 100%, but at least there are open job opportunities they can fill which require those degrees.

So don't borrow the money.

You really are just the worst kind of person. Usury has existed in every society in history that has *allowed* it, because economics are coercive by nature.

Agree 100%, but at least there are open job opportunities they can fill which require those degrees.

“Require” - are you familiar with the concept of gatekeeping? A college degree is a professional credit, and the laws of supply and demand apply to it the same. The more people have that credit the less valuable it is, thus employers are able to arbitrarily increase the “requirements” of the position based on the deflated value of a degree, even as the skills necessary for the position remain the same. The only real limiting factors on that requirement Inflation are competing job openings and the negative aspects of hiring overqualified employees.

Last edited:
There is one area where a college degree has become much less important for the most part in alot of IT

I am cool with this payback, but we need to address the problem. Kids are being scammed into getting bullshit degrees on loans they will never be able to be pay off.

Exactly; which was my point in describing how the entire system's criminal.

Last edited:
He's changed his point about five different times depending on who's talking to him. Good on him for paying $750k for his kids' school, I guess.

Yeah.

I mean, I love DeacsPop so I'm happy he sent his kids to Wake, but also why on Earth didn't he send his kids to Rutgers.

That is Not for everyone. Why can’t we edit our posts anymore ?

Last edited:
They have or will pay it back. $10K will just lower the interest.

You’re not arguing that someone who borrowed $50K should pay $50K. You’re arguing that someone who borrowed $50K should pay $90K instead of $80K.

Back