• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tuition Forgiveness

Fun little tidbit, Ol Donny Trump has filed for bankruptcy multiple times in his life to escape loan debt and to avoid paying labor, vendor, and materials cost of his construction projects. This is widely considered to be shrewd or clever book keeping on his part.

The conservative condemnation of financial irresponsibility seems to be largely based on how little money you are irresponsible with.

“Require” - are you familiar with the concept of gatekeeping? A college degree is a professional credit, and the laws of supply and demand apply to it the same. The more people have that credit the less valuable it is, thus employers are able to arbitrarily increase the “requirements” of the position based on the deflated value of a degree, even as the skills necessary for the position remain the same. The only real limiting factors on that requirement Inflation are competing job openings and the negative aspects of hiring overqualified employees.

We are completely aligned again.

The whole system is broken. College is a complete scam.

I love right-wing media talking heads who own companies who took hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in government money when they were never going to lay off anybody talk about the horrors of wealth redistribution because someone who owes student loan money is going to get a $10,000 break.

We are completely aligned again.

Following the logic of the ogboards self responsible pragmatists, liberal arts educations are a professionally useless privilege that should be reserved for the wealthy or only the most enterprising and confident 17 year olds #prohumanitate

I mean, why do I need to learn “how to think” when i’ve got a smart phone in my pocket

Can you expand on this? All colleges? Just expensive colleges? Just certain types of colleges? Certain degrees?

It has probably been stated, but 40% of those with student loans that qualify for this loan forgiveness never completed college.

Glad that those of you having government loans are able to get a $10k break. Considering all the subsidies conveyed by the government over the past three years, this action seems appropriate.

At what interest rate were these loans conveyed? Were they fixed or variable? What was the term of repayment?

god damn that is one infuriating tweet

Damn. I didn’t realize Vern was that loaded.

Gotta think the announcement timing has been planned for awhile. This is right in the middle of the three week period most colleges and universities start the Fall semester. Hopefully they can get some buzz on campus and get more young people and their parents voting for Dems.

Good to see Biden's admin get some fire in its belly. This is how you win elections, y'all.

Great social from the White House!

Good to see Biden's admin get some fire in its belly. This is how you win elections, y'all.

Great social from the White House!

Agreed, this is I Biden admin we hoped for. Fuck compromising, destroy these white supremacist fascist fuck sticks. Remind everyone exactly who they are, constantly.

I think he was mocking 2&2’s response.

even if he is, wgaf

the idea that getting a degree in these fields is a waste of time is fucking stupid

your major doesn't matter anymore (unless you're an accountant or pre-med) because it's the 21st century.

I think he was mocking 2&2’s response.

Yeah. Strick, lay back and enjoy the one thing that has united much of the left, liberal, and moderates on the Tunnels.

Back