• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turkey

Have we had a hearing yet to fill the supreme court vacancy? Don't think we should be mocking countries that have coups.

All Turkish academics have been banned from traveling abroad. The Islamists have a natural suspicion and dislike for the educated. Looks like they're gonna round up any academics who have been critical of Erdogan and accuse them of being coup plotters. And to think, there was a significant push to allow Turkey to be part of the EU.

Oh Turkey. So the options were to support an extremely poorly organized military coup that didn't even involve all the military and didn't even have the support of any prominent opposition groups or to support a "democratically elected" president who took the timing of the coup to immediately seek out political opposition and snatch them off the streets while continuing his push towards removing basic freedoms.

What an option!

Maybe Trump v. Clinton is not so bad after all. First world problem I guess.

I realize Obama had to say something about the coup and make a statement on it, but if I were him I wouldn't have discussed about giving support to a democratically elected leader in this situation when there are plenty of questions about the legitimacy of the elections that got him back into office.

I'm sure he's fine without my advice, but if I were him I would have come out and said that we were monitoring the situation in Turkey as it unfolds and at this time have nothing more to say on the issue.

This brings up a fascinating situation. Trump Towers all over the world are now political targets.

Would President Trump be justified sending our military troops to protect Trump Towers and real estate investments and properties he owns, potentially increasing the value of these properties for his investors?

This brings up a fascinating situation. Trump Towers all over the world are now political targets.

Would President Trump be justified sending our military troops to protect Trump Towers and real estate investments and properties he owns, potentially increasing the value of these properties for his investors?

See NYC

That's justified because he's living and operating out of there. But how about all the other properties that are relative easy targets around the world?

Because he's the President-Elect.

Back