• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turkey

I know another place where the golden haired dear leader would delight to purge universities of dissent/dissenters (those bearing witness to the truth, of course).

Trumpublicans would, naturally, approve.

This is a Trumpite wet dream - purge all universities and secondary schools of liberals (or really anyone who works in a university or high school who criticizes them), and replace them with hard-right professors and teachers. Conservatives would be in ecstasies for years.

Republicans have been setting the stage for this for years by claiming people in universities who speak up against conservatism are restricting free speech.

I think all bets are off for a lot of things if Trump wins a second term.

If a Republican like you is fine with it, they’ll face no push back within the party. Why wouldn’t they do it?

If a Republican like you is fine with it, they’ll face no push back within the party. Why wouldn’t they do it?

You are so good at dodging questions when someone challenges a bullshit statement you make. Also, I am not a republican. And even if I were, how do you know I’m fine with it.

Back to my original question - Since, as you say, “Republicans have been setting for this for years...”, do you expect the purge of academia to begin in Trump’s second term?

You don’t need to think it will actually happen to be able to say Republicans have been setting the stage for it to happen.

“Academia cannot be trusted” has been a consistent message for some time. So what’s to stop someone like Trump from acting on it. The senate? Those guys are licking his boots to get re-elected. They won’t stop anything. The only thing stopping Trump from doing anything at this point is the last person he talks to.

You are so good at dodging questions when someone challenges a bullshit statement you make. Also, I am not a republican. And even if I were, how do you know I’m fine with it.

Back to my original question - Since, as you say, “Republicans have been setting for this for years...”, do you expect the purge of academia to begin in Trump’s second term?

LOL. I didn’t dodge your question. I explained some of what they’ve been doing and said they’ll keep doing it and intensify it if Trump gets a second term.

When did you stop being a Republican? I know you’re anti-Trump but I didn’t know you left the party.

Use any word you want, eliminate, silence, get rid of. I used purge because that’s the word highland deac used in the first post on the topic, the one Ph responded to.

I used the word because it's currently happening in Turkey and Hungary. Whether it happens here or not I have no idea, but there's no doubt that conservatives would love for it to happen. Liberal college professors are at or near the top of their pet hate list.

LOL. I didn’t dodge your question. I explained some of what they’ve been doing and said they’ll keep doing it and intensify it if Trump gets a second term.

When did you stop being a Republican? I know you’re anti-Trump but I didn’t know you left the party.

I love that question. It’s like when did you stop beating your wife? I’ve never been a member of any political party. I’m unlike most posters here in that I don’t blindly vote single party.

I didn’t call Republicans wife beaters. You’ve always been to the right on this board. It’s a far assumption that you were a Pub.

I didn’t call Republicans wife beaters. You’ve always been to the right on this board. It’s a far assumption that you were a Pub.

I bet you can’t find a post I’ve made on a single social issue that would indicate I’m to the right. Not one. In fact, I’d be willing to bet money. I am a fiscal conservative. But on social issues, I’d bet you and I agree on almost everything.

Like I said, find one post to substantiate your assertion. More likely, I think me being a pub just fits your world view. I’m a reasonably well off, middle-aged white guy. Boom, Pub!

Back