• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two cheeses the rest of your life (IMPORTANT)

Yeah so I suppose my host mother could have used it. I ate out almost never, though.

did your madre ever make you a sandwich that was just cheese and apricot marmalade on bread?

my madre was a realllly hit or miss cook. certain things were awesome like her paella, pasta, and soups. other things were awful. especially her burgers. if I saw her bring home burger stuff I'd tell her I had plans to eat out then would go get a doner kebab or something.

she did always have a jamon leg and chorizo out for snacking though, which was awesome.

i still haven't chosen mine, mostly because I CAN'T

I really want to say blue and goat because those are generally my two favorites. But they may not be versatile enough. But not sure which I'd switch out and for what...mozz? Cheddar? Brie and gouda are also really good.

did your madre ever make you a sandwich that was just cheese and apricot marmalade on bread?

No. I don't think she ever made sandwiches, actually. She provided stuff for breakfast and then she made huge dinners but we were on our own for lunch. The sandwich place I went to sometimes may have used manchego but their menu was basically like, pick a meat, cheese y/n, lettuce y/n and that's it.

mozz is great, but not versatile enough. I feel like you could get by with other cheeses on pizza, but mozz wouldn't be as handy on other things.

No. I don't think she ever made sandwiches, actually. She provided stuff for breakfast and then she made huge dinners but we were on our own for lunch. The sandwich place I went to sometimes may have used manchego but their menu was basically like, pick a meat, cheese y/n, lettuce y/n and that's it.

that's odd bc my madre had very light breakfasts, HUGE lunches, and lighter dinners (soup or sandwich a lot)

mine would always pack a sandwich on the days we traveled. it was awesome.

mozz is great, but not versatile enough. I feel like you could get by with other cheeses on pizza, but mozz wouldn't be as handy on other things.

fresh mozza is good on sandwiches, too. plus, you get caprese salad (THE BEST).

Tough choice. I have to go with three.

Blue
Extra sharp cheddar
Goat

mine would always pack a sandwich on the days we traveled. it was awesome.

yup. mine would even get up early to go to the bakery down the block for fresh bread. it would usually still be warm by the time I ate the sandwich hours later.

that's odd bc my madre had very light breakfasts, HUGE lunches, and lighter dinners (soup or sandwich a lot)

Weird. I think that was pretty standard in my program because IIRC, hosts weren't responsible for lunches. Maybe they could just choose lunch or dinner but she was a single lady who was out most of the day plus the 3 of us that lived there were usually at school during the day so dinner (at like 10pm) made the most sense.

This is the hardest question I've ever answered. EVER

As much as I love love love my triple cream Brie, I think I have to go with gruyere and parmesan. Apologies to blue and mozzarella and cheddar...

Parmesan is the greatest of all cheeses. Numero Uno. The King of Cheese.

I would want both a snacking version and a grating version.

Need to think about the other cheese.

This is the hardest question I've ever answered. EVER

As much as I love love love my triple cream Brie, I think I have to go with gruyere and parmesan. Apologies to blue and mozzarella and cheddar...

and to think, i was going to make the question ONE cheese

but that would have been a much, much different question

Back