• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC @ WFU – Sat 11/12 – 7:30 ESPN2

Stub Hub is showing around 500 tix available for tomorrow nite

I would love nothing more than to beat those fucks but I don’t really understand the Deacs -4. I didn’t understand the WF vs Louisville line either and hope this is more of the same as far as Vegas being right.

I think this win helps to salvage what was once a promising season into something still special.

Maybe I've been too spoiled with very recent success, or the promise of it. But there's nothing special to me about going 9-3 at this point in the season and finishing 3rd in the Atlantic.

Would it be a very good season, and even historically great? Absolutely. But you can't lose to Clemson, Louisville, State with no ACCCG or Orange Bowl opportunity and still call it special.

Just my take and no doubt weighted heavily with the losses of late still being fresh wounds.

As of 7:30 am this morning still about ~2,000 seats still available. Woof

Maybe I've been too spoiled with very recent success, or the promise of it. But there's nothing special to me about going 9-3 at this point in the season and finishing 3rd in the Atlantic.

Would it be a very good season, and even historically great? Absolutely. But you can't lose to Clemson, Louisville, State with no ACCCG or Orange Bowl opportunity and still call it special.

Just my take and no doubt weighted heavily with the losses of late still being fresh wounds.
If we go 9-3 (10-3 with bowl win) and finish ranked then that would, to me, just indicate sustainability of 8-10 wins. Have to sustain that in order to have the very special seasons.

Chance of rain for gametime which won’t help the walk up attendance.

As of 7:30 am this morning still about ~2,000 seats still available. Woof
I look at this a little bit differently. We have our "core" 20-25K fans who go to every game regardless of opponent.Any sellout we have is predicated on 7-10k fans from the opposing team, usually UNC/NCSU/Clemson, etc. If there are 2,000 unsold seats, that just means that many less Holes in the stands.

I look at this a little bit differently. We have our "core" 20-25K fans who go to every game regardless of opponent.Any sellout we have is predicated on 7-10k fans from the opposing team, usually UNC/NCSU/Clemson, etc. If there are 2,000 unsold seats, that just means that many less Holes in the stands.
Yep. I literally see the same people every week and have for years. The only thing that really alters on our side is the student attendance.

Yes it might drizzle but it’s also going to be in the 60s for a game in mid-November.

Listening to the clawson show this week makes me optimistic coach understands what defenses are trying to do now and has a plan to attack it. It seems Carolina has struggled against weak competition on the road.

Call me a Homer, but I think we win by a TD

Listening to the clawson show this week makes me optimistic coach understands what defenses are trying to do now and has a plan to attack it. It seems Carolina has struggled against weak competition on the road.

Call me a Homer, but I think we win by a TD
Better late than never, I guess. But the whole world's been telling us all season that Louisville and state have the greatest defenses in the history of the sport so it would have been nice if we'd been prepared when the time came.

Uh oh....Herbie just picked us.
Ugh.

We need to win tonight to have the same record as.... dook.

Really wish Elko didn't end up there. At this rate he won't be there very long though when other jobs open up.

Back