• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

never, ever go to Harper's.

I've been to the strip club 3 times. once because it was W-S and nothing else was open for beer at 2:30am, once because... I forget. I think it's just where the group ended up. and then once out here for my friend's bday party.
They're weird places, and I generally found myself just people-watching more so than being entertained (especially since girls don't really do it for me). I don't understand the appeal. I mean, I guess I understand the appeal... but it is sad to me that someone would need to experience the body that way -so absolutely objectively- rather than just going out and meeting someone they can touch for real.

Wasn't Harper's BYOB? Or did they just let you BYOB? The one time I went, we definitely brought the champagne of beers with us.

Is the silver fox still around? Saw a pregnant chick stripping in there once. It was pretty classy.

Wasn't Harper's BYOB? Or did they just let you BYOB? The one time I went, we definitely brought the champagne of beers with us.

it may have been... honestly can't remember. i know i drank there, not sure where it came from.

I guess my hang up with local strip clubs is that I don't want to sit around or pay money to see a bunch of local 5's & 6's get naked. I love baseball, but I don't have any urge to see the local minor league baseball team in every little town I visit, but I do want to see the major league teams.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I guess don't knock it until you try it?

that's why you're going with buddies/bachelor party, and not just to kill two hours of your life by yourself

I guess my hang up with local strip clubs is that I don't want to sit around or pay money to see a bunch of local 5's & 6's get naked. I love baseball, but I don't have any urge to see the local minor league baseball team in every little town I visit, but I do want to see the major league teams.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

this makes sense to me, i think.

...don't go to harper's.

The juice bar in downtown WS was definitely BYOB because it was all nude (obligatory tastefully done).

Wasn't Harper's the naked car wash? I remember going there from Wake with like 10 dudes in one guy's Country Squire full-size station wagon, thinking that we would drive through while the girls were going to be all soaped up on the windshield and roof with their tits on the glass and shit. Instead, we had to get out of the car and sit in bleacher seats while the girls washed the car themselves. And it was inside what seemed like a giant tent or maybe sheet metal building with no insulation and it wasn't warm out, so the girls were wearing rain jackets and windbreakers. That place sucked. Needless to say, there was minimal tipping and no return visit.

I am not sure of the wording on the signage, but I do not fault Disney World for the tragic death of that 2 year old child by the jaws of an alligator.

Last edited:
I am not sure or the wording on the signage, but I do not fault Disney World for the tragic death of that 2 year old child by the jaws of an alligator.

There should be signs about alligators being in the area.

i kind of fault them because WDW makes a big deal of making the place seem like an artificial paradise. people of the south and regular visitors understand that alligators live in the lake/swamps but Nebraksans? hm, im not sure they'd expect to see a gator while staying at the Flagship resort

i just can't believe they don't have some sort of torpedo screening around the beaches to keep the gators out

There should be signs about alligators being in the area.

Agreed, but the No Swimming would be and should be enough of a clue that a toddler should not be wading in the water. Most of the water that are not swimming pools in the park surroundings look like toxic dumps.

I am not sure of the wording on the signage, but I do not fault Disney World for the tragic death of that 2 year old child by the jaws of an alligator.

It's real complicated. It's Florida so gators could be anywhere close to a body of water. But tourists don't really know that. I've read that promotional materials for that resort include photos of people walking in the water on the "beach."

I think it has to come down to whether or not Disney did enough keep gators off-property in order to minimize risk. I'm not sure a sign matters. It's an alligator. It could have attacked a 2 year old walking near the water just as much as a child walking in the water. It's a fluke accident that just comes with building places for humans to live in a huge swamp.

Disney is smart and loaded. They'll figure out how to settle it without taking any bad press. They have an unlimited supply of ESPN personalities to fire if they need more cash.

Last edited:
also, this is the first gator attack on a visitor in what, 40+ years? (or so they reports said)

also, this is the first gator attack on a visitor in what, 40+ years? (or so they reports said)

I doubt that just because gators are so common, but still it's a fluke and I'm sure Disney does what it can to keep the gators out. They're mostly harmless if you don't piss them off.

Just FYI there is no Harpers, it was then Lollipops and that has since shut down. Not sure what iteration of the establishment will be next.

Back