• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer Credibility Watch (NWT)

Lectro, I always thought you were just the sunshane brigader who thinks every recruit has the potential to be an All American and the Deacs will win 10 games a year, but this is right in line with how I feel and what I've said. I don't understand the need to immediately condemn someone in society these days based on allegations - allegations of which which McMurphy and Mrs. Smith both agree they have no proof. What's wrong with due process?

Nothing. Of course if you are going to complain about the lack of due process you should probably learn what it is first, and more importantly when and where it applies.

Shades of Greg Hardy?
If the complaining witness is prepared to say it was a case of mutual combat and will plead the 5th, even pictures won't be enough for most prosecutors.

?

I’m honestly curious whether this has ever happened in a DV trial. Even with pictures, most prosecutors aren’t taking a case to trial if the complaining witness won’t testify against the accused. And they certainly wouldn’t put the complaining witness in a position where they would need to plead the 5th.

?

I’m honestly curious whether this has ever happened in a DV trial. Even with pictures, most prosecutors aren’t taking a case to trial if the complaining witness won’t testify against the accused. And they certainly wouldn’t put the complaining witness in a position where they would need to plead the 5th.

I can't cite chapter and verse but I recall a case or cases where the prosecutor was too familiar with the parties and to cover his behind had the witness sworn and assert the 5th. It may have been around the time a family court judge was not re-appointed because of allegations of being too soft in DV cases. A dismissal is easier to explain than a nolle pros. But you're right; usually these situations are resolved in the back room between the defense attorneys.

I can't cite chapter and verse but I recall a case or cases where the prosecutor was too familiar with the parties and to cover his behind had the witness sworn and assert the 5th. It may have been around the time a family court judge was not re-appointed because of allegations of being too soft in DV cases. A dismissal is easier to explain than a nolle pros. But you're right; usually these situations are resolved in the back room between the defense attorneys.

Was there more than one defendant in these cases?

Meyer released a statement via Twitter. I'm at work still and can't embed here. Basically he says that he reported it to OSU, but lied/mislead people at Media Day with his response.

This could get very interesting if Gene Smith and Urban Meyer are now pitted against each other. Obviously Meyer will likley win that battle.

He has been performing a necessary function in a society where media organs have incestuous ties to government agencies.

Would "incestuous ties to government agencies" include collaborating with the U.S. attorney's office to provide edited footage and cover up exculpatory evidence? Just curious.

Now Zach Smith being interviewed by ESPN. Will air at 6. This is going to be very interesting.

Would "incestuous ties to government agencies" include collaborating with the U.S. attorney's office to provide edited footage and cover up exculpatory evidence? Just curious.

Meaningless without pics. Do you have an article or is this baseless conjecture masquerading as an argument?

No way Urban puts that statement out on his own. Looks like the parties are going to try to thread the needle: we fired Smith as soon as it was brough to our attention, there was miscommunication and based on what we’ve learned people are doing penance, but at some point Urban will be on the OSU sideline again.

If they can pull it off, the meltdown on this board would rival the meltdown we’d have if Wellman and Manning get 10 year contracts after a winless hoops season.

Fascinating theater going into the weekend.

Disagree about the “meltdown.” I don’t even think it would be that bad if it were under Fedora. Meyer lied, his assistant is piece of shit. I personally think he survives this, and I haven’t decided if he should. But he should definitely be criticized heavily at this point, and suffer some penalty. I know that.

After Urban’s remarks..will there be peace in Columbus or will tomorrow’s headline read :

“Passing The BUCKeye”

I never understand supposed Wake grads who are so passionate about their “second” teams. Who gives a shit.

After Urban’s remarks..will there be peace in Columbus or will tomorrow’s headline read :

“Passing The BUCKeye”

Don't think it will be either that quickly. I would look for Meyer to be on this leave for a week or more. The powers that be in Columbus will want to make sure they have all their info before rendering a decision. If they find enough, they may be able to fire him for cause and not pay the buyout.

At least my "second school" wins national championships - Nova.

Back